PDA

View Full Version : Kirschbaum Touch Turbo vs. Luxilon ALU Power

TW Staff
01-04-2007, 07:31 AM
Jonolau's comparative review:

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/playtests/JONO01.html

tenis
01-05-2007, 06:33 PM
IMO, Kirschbaum TT is losing tension very, very quickly all the way. I drop this string.

RacquetDoctor
01-05-2007, 07:32 PM
tenis, I don't think it looses tension too much, but it's soft. At the price point, I have steered most of my clients that like this feel to Signum Poly Plasma at 1.25...

Very similar from my recollection, just a tad less springy overall, and the price pt of signum is where TT used to be...

Mark

downey stringing master
01-06-2007, 01:20 PM
tenis, I don't think it looses tension too much, but it's soft. At the price point, I have steered most of my clients that like this feel to Signum Poly Plasma at 1.25...

Very similar from my recollection, just a tad less springy overall, and the price pt of signum is where TT used to be...

Mark

sppp is 1.18 then 1.23 no 1.25

Richie Rich
01-06-2007, 07:26 PM
funny how different people evaluate the same strings. i tested the exact same strings as jonolau (it's in the TW comparative review sticky somewhere)and i felt the exact opposite about alu and TT. that is the great thing about these boards and TW - you get to have all kinds of different perspective on things.

tenis
01-06-2007, 09:21 PM
Richie, I had the some feling.

jonolau
01-07-2007, 08:31 AM
funny how different people evaluate the same strings. i tested the exact same strings as jonolau (it's in the TW comparative review sticky somewhere)and i felt the exact opposite about alu and TT. that is the great thing about these boards and TW - you get to have all kinds of different perspective on things.

Yup. When I read your review, it was interesting to note your different perspective.

That's why I've always felt that the number one criteria for string choice is FEEL, and it's the feel of each individual that counts. Having been a long term 8-year full kevlar user, my perspective of comfort would differ from others.

Perhaps what would be helpful to readers of these reviews is to know that background and string history of the reviewers. That way, personal assessments on relevance can be made.

downey stringing master
01-07-2007, 02:25 PM
k-baaum tt loses about 15lbs although tf prc is very thick but it feels nice at a really high tension and really low