PDA

View Full Version : one of my fixed clamp bases on my Eagnas Flex 940 is moving while locked

DX_Psycho
01-04-2007, 09:56 PM
and i have no idea how to fix this. i'vel okoed for my manual but i have no idea where it is. anyone know how to retighten it? The clamp does not slip but the clamp base is moving when locked.

rod_b
01-04-2007, 10:20 PM
You need to tighten the bolts underneath the clamp base. Try a half turn at a time until you find a good setting. The top most bolt is the adjustment bolt. The bottom bolt locks the top one into place.

DX_Psycho
01-11-2007, 08:13 PM
i tried this but it did not help much

dancraig
01-11-2007, 08:54 PM
___delete___

DX_Psycho
01-15-2007, 08:50 PM
i need to fix this soon so i can string. any ideas?

Steve Huff
01-15-2007, 09:06 PM
Probably just need to get a new base from Eagnas.

LttlElvis
01-16-2007, 07:19 AM
Can you send pics for us to see?

There are 2 bolts you and a washer you can adjust below the table. Above the handle, I believe there is an adjustment you can make with a hex wrench. I am not really sure what the problem is if you adjusted these two areas. Did you accidently lose the washer below when adjusting the 2 bolts?

Ken Sachar
01-16-2007, 08:19 AM
DX Psycho

I had same problem with my Eagnes Hawk 800 clamp bases until I made up some neoprene rubber gaskets to sit between clamp base and turntable. They have been in use for over a year and I no longer get any slippage. I have a few extra if you want to try them.

Ken

flash9
01-16-2007, 08:26 AM
I made up some neoprene rubber gaskets to sit between clamp base and turntable.
Ken

Doesn't that make moving the clamps on the table incredibly difficult? It seems that they would want grab and stick as you went to move them.

Ken Sachar
01-16-2007, 10:23 AM
Flash9

Not really that difficult to move the bases. With high durometer neoprene the bases move with a slight nudge after releasing locking lever. I do have to push at the bottom of the base and not at the clamp, but that is better than having a base that slips.

Ken

DX_Psycho
01-16-2007, 06:18 PM
damnit, it came with washers but the stupid manual didn't say you had to put them under the clamp. now i only have one. i'll try it.

also, there is an adjustment that can be made with a hex wrench but the hex wrenches provided did not fit. i will try to find one that does fit. also i gotta go buy another washer now.

Can you send pics for us to see?

There are 2 bolts you and a washer you can adjust below the table. Above the handle, I believe there is an adjustment you can make with a hex wrench. I am not really sure what the problem is if you adjusted these two areas. Did you accidently lose the washer below when adjusting the 2 bolts?