PDA

View Full Version : Biphase right?

aroddick
01-05-2007, 11:49 AM
I got my racket strung at sports authority. And I was preety angry. When i saw my racket, the strings were NOT straight at all. And looked like they got played. And the tension didnt seem right. But then i new that it must have lost the 10% tension like they say. then i put on the wilson shop dampener the one that goes between two strings, and string savers. So it must have added 2 to 3 pounds. And then i hit the ball with it, i got a PING sound. A preety strong PING. And the last string was NXT and i never got a PING sound as this. So my question -

Is this good, bad, the stringing right or wrong, is a PING good or bad?

Any thing else i should be concerned. I use a Wilson N-code W4. And no damage to the frame.

PLEASE HELP ME. I AM VERY CONCERNED. AND THANKS IN ADVANCE.

PLEASE HELP ME GUYS.

aroddick
01-05-2007, 11:54 AM
please help me guys. I am worried.

Redflea
01-05-2007, 12:02 PM
1. The dampener won't add any tension...
2. Strings not being lined up perfectly is most likely due to the stringer not getting them lined up during stringing, rather than anyone playin with it.
3. I've used X-1 Biphase and it's a great string...don't worry about the sound, unless you see any structural issues w/your racquet (inspect for cracks) you should be fine.

aroddick
01-05-2007, 12:22 PM
I did a close crack check. And I DONT SEE any cracks. I am a little happy.

Is the PING sound good? what does it mean.

xtremerunnerars
01-05-2007, 12:47 PM
I hope you aren't expecting a booming "pop" noise or something similar.

Pros get that because of the power+technique they have...combined with a string like gut.

eunjam
01-05-2007, 01:17 PM
it seems like this 'issue' really has rattled your nerves. so whether everything is right or not, you're not going to like this string job period.

it's like that commercial. you only get one chance at a 1st impression. and your 1st impression has been all downhill.

short term solution: cut them out and get it restrung with something that you already are familiar with.

long term solution: get yourself a stringer and string for yourself.

either way it's gonna cost extra $.

if it makes you feel any better, i've played with a 'pinging' racket before and it had no ill effects on my game.

Redflea
01-05-2007, 01:22 PM
Don't cut 'em out...play with 'em. Change in tension will affect the sound, your NXT strings were well used the last time you played, your Biphase is new and at higher tension still.

Don't worry...just go play and have fun.

aroddick
01-05-2007, 01:34 PM
Thanks guys, I will play with them. i have arm problems. Likely i will just play a month or two.

Thanks guys. Made me fell much better.