PDA

View Full Version : POG one peice?

tennis-skater
01-06-2007, 08:48 AM
I'd like to try to do a one peice stringing on the POG since its mains end at the top i could just start the crosses right? If so anyone know how much string I should use?

bpdhlbrg
01-06-2007, 09:03 AM
35 feet is what I need to reach the tensioner on both ends. I start with a short side of 9 feet and a long side of 26 feet. Tie off the short side mains at the fifth from the top, and the last cross at the third from the bottom.

tennis-skater
01-06-2007, 09:09 AM
thanks =]!!

diredesire
01-06-2007, 11:24 AM
Yes, you could string it one piece. I've measured out 33-34 feet, the patten is VERY open. If you have a linear string gripper, you maaaay be able to get away with less!

tennis-skater
01-06-2007, 03:30 PM
haha yeah I just did it measured out 36ft didnt want to come up short and calculated that I could get away with 28-29ft. also I have a pure control std and I'm wondering if thats suppossed to be strung one peice?

DX_Psycho
01-07-2007, 01:22 AM
i've only strung the POG OS and those mains don't end at the top.

diredesire
01-07-2007, 02:11 AM
haha yeah I just did it measured out 36ft didnt want to come up short and calculated that I could get away with 28-29ft. also I have a pure control std and I'm wondering if thats suppossed to be strung one peice?

you can string the babolat PC with no problems with warranties. Babolat has OKed it before. Wilson also does, I know yonex, prince, and head do not agree.

tennis-skater
01-07-2007, 08:13 AM
Well the pc has so stringing instructions that I can find for two peice so I pretty much just winged it when I did my hybrid I had to put two knots in one hole.

i've only strung the POG OS and those mains don't end at the top.
I have the mid which is different

diredesire
01-07-2007, 01:20 PM
Well the pc has so stringing instructions that I can find for two peice so I pretty much just winged it when I did my hybrid I had to put two knots in one hole.

I have the mid which is different

You actually shouldn't have to put two knots in one hole. The PC has enough tie offs for a two piece. There is one hole on the side of the frame near the top that is enlarged, which is where i'm guessing you had the problem. It's in a weird spot, though.

downey stringing master
01-07-2007, 02:15 PM
do all in one i had no problems with it