PDA

View Full Version : how do u hit very low ballswith lots of spin??

darylrulez
08-21-2004, 07:49 PM
i always miss the ball when they are low with lots of spin and bounce twice.

skuludo
08-21-2004, 08:10 PM
There is no special way to hit those balls. If your missing over the ball then you need to get lower and swing up to lift the ball. And if the rolls on the ground and doesn't bounce then just let it go or you can try to golf it up and scrape your racket in the process.

Sounds like your dealing with a short ball. You need to move up from the baseline and get those. Don't just stand there and wait.
You should be able tell by looking at your opponents habbits. Anything that can give away the shot thats coming or note what kind of shots trigger him to hit that type of shot.

Rickson
08-21-2004, 08:50 PM
I play a pusher who slices his forehand all the time on me. I hit the ball back flat, but get a good angle on him to create a tough return for him. I used to try topspin returns, but I always hit into the net so I gave it up for the flat return. We sometimes get into long rallies, but hey, at least I get his stupid low balls back.

JohnThomas1
08-21-2004, 09:10 PM
Get an early move to the ball. Really measure the shot and make sure to bend those knee's getting down to it. This helps me, could you tell us more about the exact ball you speak of?

mistapooh
08-21-2004, 09:51 PM
sounds like a slice, unless he can make it bounce with topspin and low at the same time somehow O_O. I usually slice it back, works pretty well.

JohnThomas1
08-21-2004, 10:53 PM
Yeah i'm just wondering where on the court he is hitting it from. 3/4 court, service line etc? If it threatens to bounce twice it must be one of those shots you simply have to get in on and dig out maybe. I find with them early reading of the ball and getting down as you hammer in are good. You can only slice or dig the shots i am thinking of.

Cypo
08-22-2004, 12:13 AM
One trick I use sometimes when I just get to the ball before the second bounce is to swipe my racquet sideways under it. This a desperation shot, but because the ball has a lot of side spin, it often wins the point outright, and usually gets a weakish reply.

Bungalo Bill
08-22-2004, 02:22 AM
still waiting....

JohnThomas1
08-22-2004, 03:02 AM
He made three new posts today without even answering anyone in this one lol

Bungalo Bill
08-22-2004, 02:22 PM
He made three new posts today without even answering anyone in this one lol

LOL!