PDA

View Full Version : Arm pain and game off - string and lead recommendations?

Big Boris
01-08-2007, 05:09 AM
I currently suffer from arm pain. I have been able to win the last couple of matches but the arm gets worse and so does my strokes - probably due to the pain and lack of strength I feel in the arm. I have problems manouver the racquet rapidly enough.

My plan to turn the trend is to switch, temporarily, to a soft multy - currently using Cyber flash - and take a couple of grams of lead out of my frame - currently 360-370 g strung, with around 32 cm balance.

Would this be a smart move, and should I reduce weight in the head - taking the balance down to more head light, or keep (or increase) the balance by reducing both in the handle (mainly) and in the head?

Thanks in advance!

downey stringing master
01-08-2007, 05:13 AM
360 is heavy get a lighter racket or do weight to build up your muscles or somthing along those lines at get x-one biphase is powerful so u dont need a whopping high thension

federer_nadal
01-08-2007, 05:51 AM
x-one biphase is powerful so u dont need a whopping high thension

That makes no sense. Please elaborate?

southpaw
01-08-2007, 06:26 AM
Boris,
I would recommend only changing one variable at a time. Leave the weight and balance the same and change the string first. If that doesn't help, alter the racquet.

Ignore your head and just listen to your arm.

Valjean
01-08-2007, 10:24 AM
The best string for arm problems is natural gut, by the way. A solid multi for arm trouble is Prince's Premier with Softflex. And yes, making the racquet more head light will help too. But do you need to do it now?

The question you face is whether you are at a point where you can and should still be attempting to play with that arm problem of yours. A regimen that includes rest, plus stretching and strengthening the arm (it needs to be 40% stronger than it was) is probably your best approach.

bagung
01-08-2007, 05:37 PM
i had used dnx8 for awhile, my arm sores and TE. later i try by using klip venom, very soft multi, it helps.....
now i am using dnx9 and dnx10 295g and modify both to 360g, using full gut job, and i have to say i am very pleased with both..... no more TE.....

ssjkyle31
01-08-2007, 05:53 PM
I would not take the lead off of your racket. You are doing too many variables at once. Maybe dropping the tension in your current setup might be effective with some physical therapy

Kevo
01-08-2007, 08:29 PM
I think what you need to do depends on the pain. The pain could be caused by any number of things, and you need to try and figure out what is causing it. It could be the weight, could be the string/tension, could be a technique problem that you've recently acquired somehow. Starting with some rest and rehab would probably be good, then you can try changing the most likely causes one at a time. Since you said arm pain and not elbow pain, I would look at weight first, but you will be able to determine which option is most likely better than we will.