PDA

View Full Version : Tension switching from Cyber flash to Wilson sensation 1,35

Big Boris
01-08-2007, 05:22 AM
How much harder should I string sensation in comparison to Cyber flash?

downey stringing master
01-08-2007, 05:34 AM
what racket and cyber flash tension ?

federer_nadal
01-08-2007, 05:53 AM
Well people say to string 10% lower when using a poly (i think they do?, well i string 10% lower anyway and it works)

So going from a poly to a soft string try going up by 10% This is not a guaranteed result but it is close, and no one can tell you an exact tension, so try 10% up then string tighter or loser to match your need next time you string it. Sensation snaps really quickly so it wont take long.

Valjean
01-08-2007, 10:37 AM
Actually, that recommendation is based on the switch from a solid-core, single-wrap synthetic; Sensation is softer still.

Kevo
01-08-2007, 11:33 AM
Cyberflash is pretty soft for a poly. You didn't mention which gauge of Cyberflash you are using so I will try to give you an idea or both 16 and 17. 17g Cyberflash is pretty soft for a poly, and I tend to string it about the same as I would a decent 16g nylon. So for 15g Sensation, coming from 17g Cyberflash, I would start at the same tension. If you are coming from 16g Cyberflash I would say up the tension at most 5%. Sensation is soft, but it's decent at holding tension when strung CP, and since it breaks fairly quickly it doesn't need to be strung up that much tighter. If you are on a lockout then this changes a lot, because the difference between the Sensation and the Cyberflash when strung on a lockout will be quite a bit larger. I wouldn't really know what to tell you then.

shavenstringer
01-08-2007, 12:36 PM
Why in the world would you do that in the first place?