PDA

View Full Version : Can you beat old man agassi in 5 set match?!?

MasterTS
01-08-2007, 09:33 AM
As title says, do you think you can beat Agassi.

bribeiro
01-08-2007, 09:40 AM
Hell yeah, there's no way Agassi can beat someone that's been taught by bbill, or angelods.

Sagittar
01-08-2007, 09:51 AM
if it wasn't for his injury we probably would be seeing agassi right now preparing for the AO , so don't let your hopes tale you too far , in his best without any pain agassi would give ant top rated pplayer including federer himself a run for his money ..

I am very curious to meet the person who voted in the poll " alreday beat him "

Dunlopkid
01-08-2007, 09:53 AM
This is a joke of a poll.

jamumafa
01-08-2007, 09:55 AM
Yes. Because his stamina is low and he has injuries TOTALLY means that I can outhit him from the back of the court.

*sigh*

Idiot

christos_liaskos
01-08-2007, 09:57 AM
How exactly do you take him to five sets? Surely he would win in straights 6-0 6-0 6-0. I cant see anyone winning 2 of he first three sets, that would be the same as saying you can beat him in a three set match.

All that stuff makes no difference anyway because like someone pointed out he is still an awesome player, its just his injury that meant he coudnt compete against the best for 7 rounds over 5 sets, which is where he wanted to be. 2006 may have been a difficult year but in 2005 he was widely regarded as one of the top 2 or 3 players who could beat Federer. The guy is still near the top of his game, still there if not for the injury.

raiden031
01-08-2007, 10:00 AM
Didn't Agassi beat Roddick in an exhibition recently?

Sagittar
01-08-2007, 10:02 AM
Didn't Agassi beat Roddick in an exhibition recently?
exactly my point ..

ceejay
01-08-2007, 10:09 AM
Do all you people who voted no believe that he would still beat you if he was in a wheelchair? I'd fancy my chances if he wasn't allowed the wheelchair tennis rules.

Starlite
01-08-2007, 10:18 AM
Do all you people who voted no believe that he would still beat you if he was in a wheelchair? I'd fancy my chances if he wasn't allowed the wheelchair tennis rules.

If I were in a wheelchair also, he would probably still smoke me. If he was the only one in the wheelchair, it would depend on his mobility, unless he wasn't allowed a while to practice in the chair.

Polaris
01-08-2007, 10:23 AM
It is not even debatable that Agassi would defeat everyone on these boards, except Tursunov. Oh wait: Wasn't it MasterTS who said Tursunov was here?

He would defeat me 6-0, 6-0, 6-0 and I would win about 3 points, if he got careless or overconfident.

If ever there was a lame poll, this is it, unless MasterTS wants to bait Tursunov and make him crawl out of hiding, having been unable to
produce him earlier. :)

ATXtennisaddict
01-08-2007, 10:31 AM
I couldn't imagine myself taking a single game from Agassi. I couldn't imagine taking more than 1 point PER game from him.

dave333
01-08-2007, 10:38 AM
lol a wheelchair? course I could. Lets see him nab some moonballs from that height.

BaseLineBash
01-08-2007, 10:39 AM
I think Twist feels odd because Kooyong is coming up and Agassi isn't around anymore... so his feelings have manifested themselves into a stupid yet funny poll... wheelchair!?;)

psamp14
01-08-2007, 10:41 AM
is this a joke? we're talking about andre agassi here! he just beat marcos baghdatis like 4 months ago in 5 sets...

jamumafa
01-08-2007, 10:44 AM
The only way I could beat Agassi in 5 is if he was in a wheelchair and didnt get the wheelchair rule of 2 bounces.

oscar_2424
01-08-2007, 10:50 AM
As title says, do you think you can beat Agassi.

NO F... way

edmondsm
01-08-2007, 10:59 AM
If he was in a wheelchair and I wasn't it would still be a dogfight with him winning in the end most likely. I doubt there are to many people on this board who could even get his serve back let alone get a serve off without him pounding the return past you. Anybody here that thinks they could beat Agassi must think that they could also go 5 sets with Baghdatis and end up winning. (remember that, that wasn't that long ago)

Swinging Simian
01-08-2007, 11:04 AM
I don't think anyone here would stand a chance unless Agassi was in his 60's in a wheelchair eating tacos while he played.

david22
01-08-2007, 12:25 PM
i would beat him in straight sets.......i'm Roger Federer for ffs!!

Tempyst
01-08-2007, 02:29 PM
It won't even be 6-0, 6-0, 6-0. He would probably do a kick serve to my face, instant K.O.

oberyn
01-08-2007, 02:33 PM
Agassi would beat me like I stole something from him. It wouldn't be pretty.

crazylevity
01-08-2007, 11:17 PM
Hurhur...I prob can't beat Mirka Vavrinec.

Old men? Tony Roche would probably beat me in 5 sets...after tanking the first 2 sets.

CanadianChic
01-08-2007, 11:54 PM
Okay, who are the 5 idjots who have claimed to have beat him? Come on trolly trollies, step on up into the spotlight so we can all have a good laugh.

Polaris
01-09-2007, 12:47 AM
Okay, who are the 5 idjots who have claimed to have beat him? Come on trolly trollies, step on up into the spotlight so we can all have a good laugh.
I don't know CC, but I think that, between the people who voted that they could beat Agassi, and the person who started this thread, the latter is definitely the bigger troll. Witness the Tursunov thread, and all the silly antics of the artist formerly known as TwistServe.

tennis_eel
01-09-2007, 01:25 AM
Omg MasterTS...tool much?

The Grand Slam
01-09-2007, 03:13 AM
The Gorilla, umm plzkthx, he'd be up like 2-0 in the first set and you'd get so mad (Agassi hits return winner, return winner, return winner, return winner, ace, ace, ace, ace) you'd retire.

OrangeOne
01-09-2007, 03:20 AM
The Gorilla, umm plzkthx, he'd be up like 2-0 in the first set and you'd get so mad (Agassi hits return winner, return winner, return winner, return winner, ace, ace, ace, ace) you'd retire.

Today Blake played Kevin Kim - ranked in the 90s - and Blake won the first 15 points. I watched Kim play his last qualifying match live from the side of an outside court the other day, and he hits a brutal ball, as does anyone inside the top 100.

If Blake can wipe away Kim in straight sets 3 & 4, and if Kim walked on *just a bit nervous* and Blake walked away with 15 points in a row, imagine what the Agassi match against the average TW poster would be like? Golden set after golden set. Remember that when pros make UE's, they're making them against pro-level shots. Many times a pro will make less than 20-30 UEs in a match against pro shots, how many do you think they'd make against a comparative hacker?

West Coast Ace
01-09-2007, 03:37 AM
Golden set after golden set. Remember that when pros make UE's, they're making them against pro-level shots. Many times a pro will make less than 20-30 UEs in a match against pro shots, how many do you think they'd make against a comparative hacker?Exactly. And it would probably be the same against D-1 college players. They could hit with a huge margin of error and toy with all but a few people on this board with little or no chance of losing any points.

bribeiro
01-09-2007, 07:52 AM

Are you mentally challenged? Just click on the numbers...

GRANITECHIEF
01-09-2007, 08:16 AM
Front runner for dumbest thread of the year!

spadesss
01-09-2007, 11:26 AM
Agassi doesn't have the body to hold up and play an entire week or 2 weeks on Professional level. That is what happened at the US OPEN. He was find for one match or so and after that, he needed rest.

On any given day, he can still play a whole entire match against anyone here and not break a sweat.

Forget the old man,
I bet Agassi's kid could beat anyone here.

MasterTS
01-09-2007, 11:47 AM

Good thing its a new year.

a guy
01-09-2007, 11:50 AM
If he was on crutches... actually no.

slice bh compliment
01-09-2007, 11:57 AM

Yeah, but I'm hoping this thread keeps its momentum until 2017 or 2018. Depending on Andre's fitness and back condition.....I might have a chance at keeping a match close with him then! Maybe. Well, probably not, but maybe.

GRANITECHIEF
01-09-2007, 01:27 PM
Yeah, but I'm hoping this thread keeps its momentum until 2017 or 2018. Depending on Andre's fitness and back condition.....I might have a chance at keeping a match close with him then! Maybe. Well, probably not, but maybe.

I would guess his fitness will decline from world class athlete to extremely exceptional fitness. And his back problem will probably subside without rigorous training.

I was going to say something similar, that i might have a better chance as he get older. But since i'm the same age, its pretty unlikely.

superman1
01-09-2007, 05:18 PM
On any given day he's still top 5 material. He and Blake played an exo recently at their highest level and Blake won in a third set tiebreak. And that's a match tough Blake against Agassi who hasn't played in months. But give him a bunch of 2 and 3 set matches in an ATP tournament over the course of a week, and it's going to hurt him.