PDA

View Full Version : ok i played a match today....

darylrulez
08-22-2004, 12:45 AM
and i lost 6-1 the first set.i find that i had no energy to hit the ball and my legs COULDNT move at all.they were like tired haha. and i hit my frame often. the temperature was about 30 to 35 degress..
during the second set,i won 6-4,after drinking some cold water,i managed to get some energy back back i still hit the ball lightly.second serve couldnt go in. i need help seriously,especially the weak legs part..:(

Bungalo Bill
08-22-2004, 01:26 AM
Wait a second, you forgot how to hit flat, you can't move, you can't hit slice, you keep hitting your frame, its 30-35 degrees outsiude, what gives?

You say you need help "seriously" especially with the "weak" legs.

Since you have all of this "stuff" going on, let me ask you? What do you think you need to do with all of this "stuff" you asked us about. Seriously, what do you think will remedy each issue - each of them. Develop a remedy for each problem you posted on this board.

darylrulez
08-22-2004, 02:25 AM
huh i dont get u..

Bungalo Bill
08-22-2004, 01:30 PM
You dont get me? Well I dont get you!

You say you played in 30-35 dgree weather. Where? Where do you live?

You say your legs were not workiing, then in other posts you said something about "two bounces", slice problems, "forgetting" how to hit a flat ball and other problems in your game.

For this thread what do you think contributed to your weak legs? Do you workout consistently? Did you perform one hundred squats with heavy weight ten minutes before you played? Are you overwieght or out of shape? Did this 30-35 degree temperature have anything to do with it?

I feel that you sort of know what to do about these issues. That is why I ask the question "tell us what you think".

Again I am asking you, "what do you think you need to do to hit a flatter ball? What do you think you need to do to get your legs fresher or stronger?

The slice I can understand you might have problems with, but the two bounces I didnt understand. Where you hitting off a backboard?

JohnThomas1
08-22-2004, 03:08 PM
How old, he might be 97 :)

darylrulez
08-22-2004, 11:22 PM
hey john thomas,i'm just trying to find out a solution for each of my problem.and if u dont wanna help me,help urself by keeping ur mouth shut.and i'm perfectly fit but my legs seem lazy.and i'm not over weight.i know i have to change my grip when i hit flat shots

JohnThomas1
08-23-2004, 12:25 AM
You can't be fit if your legs give out lol. Where did you say you weren't 97? Age would be good i would think.

Bungalo Bill
08-23-2004, 12:34 AM
hey john thomas,i'm just trying to find out a solution for each of my problem.and if u dont wanna help me,help urself by keeping ur mouth shut.and i'm perfectly fit but my legs seem lazy.and i'm not over weight.i know i have to change my grip when i hit flat shots

Darylrulez,

You have a lot of issues, can you tell us why did you think your legs felt weak? Where do you play? 30-25 degrees is rather cold. Here is a map of temperatures around the world.

http://www.ems.psu.edu/WeatherWorld/gifs/WORLDTEMP.jpg

"Forgetting" how to hit a flat ball is another issue I have. I dont know of anyone "forgetting" how to do something in tennis. I have heard a lot of people say they are rusty with something.

I still don't understand the "bounce twice" issue as well. You have explained it very well. If you have explained it, point me to the post that talks about it.

Hitting flat is a matter of not swinging low to high as much. You still need some sort of low to high swing but you "flatten" it out and go through the ball more instead of brushing the ball.

The slice is another issue that requires the use of the legs in transfer of balance. So if your legs were tired (which you havent explained why) then that could be one of the reasons your slice wasn't working that day.

kevhen
08-23-2004, 07:04 AM
Celcius or Fahrenheit? Laziness with your capitalization and spelling may be having an effect on your legs being lazy on the tennis court. Looks like you are trying to take too many shortcuts in life.

Camilio Pascual
08-23-2004, 07:08 AM
I KNEW IT!!! Iceland has been conducting a top secret tennis development program hidden in Greenland that it is going to unveil on the world soon. I'll bet Lex Luthor is behind it.

JohnThomas1
08-23-2004, 12:41 PM
He might be taking us for a ride too lol

Bungalo Bill
08-23-2004, 01:06 PM
I KNEW IT!!! Iceland has been conducting a top secret tennis development program hidden in Greenland that it is going to unveil on the world soon. I'll bet Lex Luthor is behind it.

Lol, Lex Luthor? Maybe we need Superman.

Bungalo Bill
08-23-2004, 08:00 PM
Celcius or Fahrenheit? Laziness with your capitalization and spelling may be having an effect on your legs being lazy on the tennis court. Looks like you are trying to take too many shortcuts in life.

Outstanding point Kevhen, that skipped my mind. If it was celsius than that would make it around 95 degrees. Pretty hot and that isn't court temperature I bet.

As far as the misplled words (:)) I can let that go. Aftrall it is a bulliten board. I rarely got the time too correct grammar errors or misspelled words even with a spell chcker. ;)

I usally go back to my posts to see if I can shore up some wekaneses.

darylrulez
08-23-2004, 10:41 PM
ok..anyway thanks for the help....

kevhen
08-24-2004, 05:52 AM
A good tennis player will keep an eye on the details and play clean tennis and will work on conditioning and stretching and do all the little things that make them a good tennis player.

How someone writes shows into their personality. Misspellings, lack of capitalization and general unclear writing shows the author to be in a hurry without really having much plan or thought on how to improve, but just wanting to do it as quickly as possible without putting any real work in.

So slow down, start thinking clearly on what you want, establish a plan, and stick with it and then evaluate it after a certain amount of time like 6 months.

Bungalo Bill
08-24-2004, 11:35 AM
A good tennis player will keep an eye on the details and play clean tennis and will work on conditioning and stretching and do all the little things that make them a good tennis player.

How someone writes shows into their personality. Misspellings, lack of capitalization and general unclear writing shows the author to be in a hurry without really having much plan or thought on how to improve, but just wanting to do it as quickly as possible without putting any real work in.

So slow down, start thinking clearly on what you want, establish a plan, and stick with it and then evaluate it after a certain amount of time like 6 months.

Ummm...I think that is a little too strict. How about this, if you really want to read the information, copy it into MS Word and fix the grammar and spelling errors yourself. That way I am happy and you're happy. If I don't have time to correct or proof my writing. I don't believe it reads into personalities.

I also don't believe we need to act like an English professor on a bulletin board. I am not asking you to grade my essays. I think your being a little too academic and a little far out there.

As it stands, most of my lengthy posts are written the first time, and I don't type like a secretary. So for me, what you see is pretty darn good for a first draft. You can choose for yourself whether you want to fix the grammar and spelling right away or wait until I have time to go back - if I go back! :D :lol:

kevhen
08-24-2004, 11:42 AM
Bill, your writing is fine, a little bit wordy and lengthy at times, but the spelling and all that is fine. You are an organized person.

Darylrulez, on the other hand is not an organized person and it looks like the unorganized part of his personality is spilling onto the tennis court as well and may be affecting his game.

Personality plays a big part of how a person plays the game of tennis and how likely that person is to move up or get stuck at the same level.

Bungalo Bill
08-24-2004, 11:51 AM
Bill, your writing is fine, a little bit wordy and lengthy at times, but the spelling and all that is fine. You are an organized person.

Darylrulez, on the other hand is not an organized person and it looks like the unorganized part of his personality is spilling onto the tennis court as well and may be affecting his game.

Personality plays a big part of how a person plays the game of tennis and how likely that person is to move up or get stuck at the same level.

LOL, Kevhen, for some reason I can tell our personalities may clash at times, but I like you. I won't ask you to marry me or go out on a date, but for some reason your intellectual approach to things is pretty cool.

You're lucky I proof my writings at times, you should see the stuff that I cut out! I write so fast that it just pours out of my head. Then I am faced with going back and editing. Sometimes it is daunting.

Very few times I provide a short and sweet answer. For the most part, tennis concerns and solutions need to be explained.

Especially, since we can't see each other.

:wink:

kevhen
08-24-2004, 12:16 PM
I would take you out on a tennis date, but nothing more than that and only 1 set on the first date.

Bungalo Bill
08-24-2004, 01:28 PM
I would take you out on a tennis date, but nothing more than that and only 1 set on the first date.

LOL

papa
08-24-2004, 03:14 PM
Speaking of "two-bounces" - I'm quite sure wheel chair tennis players are allowed two. I've hit with some of these brave athletes and they really can move around the court - I think the two-bounce things is about the only "special" rule they have.

Its absolutely amazing what these people go through to play tennis and if you haven't hit with them, try it some time, you might be amazed.