PDA

View Full Version : Gamma X-2 problem

Porsche CGT
01-08-2007, 01:49 PM
I got my X-2 today and tried stringing my first racquet. However, I wasted two sets because the string got caught in the jaw of the gripper three times. Afterwards, I read in the manual that the jaw must be in a certain position every time, which I wasn't doing. Could this be the cause of the problem? If not, what is?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.

xtremerunnerars
01-08-2007, 02:19 PM
hmm. How are you gripping the string, and where are you tensioning from? I have an x-2 as well. I usually tension as close to the hole that the string is coming thru as possible.

Loosely wrap the string around the drum thing, and then let it go into that diagonal gripper thing that you mentioned. THEN you pull the string with your hand, which brings the two parts of the drum (blue areas) together, covering the string and gripping it.

Then tension the string. Adjusting where that opening is according to the manual isn't tough, just move it.

Askmeo88
01-08-2007, 02:34 PM
There is a way to release string on the X2 if you didn't grip the string correctly, or if you took back too much string with the ratchet.
Behind the tension head, there is a screw that can be loosened to allow the tensioner to turn beyond what his possible during stringing. By turning the tensioner counterclockwise (and holding it the whole time, so it doesn't fall on your racquet!), the gripper will probably release the caught string. When you're done, you can tighten the screw again and carry on stringing. Hope this helps.

Porsche CGT
01-08-2007, 04:37 PM
There is a way to release string on the X2 if you didn't grip the string correctly, or if you took back too much string with the ratchet.
Behind the tension head, there is a screw that can be loosened to allow the tensioner to turn beyond what his possible during stringing. By turning the tensioner counterclockwise (and holding it the whole time, so it doesn't fall on your racquet!), the gripper will probably release the caught string. When you're done, you can tighten the screw again and carry on stringing. Hope this helps.

Thanks. If it ever happens again I'll have to try this.

Richie Rich
01-09-2007, 04:01 AM
i have an x-2 and i have never had a problem with the string being caught in the jaw of the gripper. how is the string getting cought? I just can't picture this in my head.