PDA

View Full Version : Play of the Year sponsored by TW?

jings
03-09-2004, 07:50 PM
What do you think of this?

With the new board it seems easier to keep a thread running as new posts return it to the top. Given that a lot of events are shown at one time or another most of us will get to see most of the better moments from matches this year. We can monitor who's played what through the year and then take a poll at the end of the year of the best half dozen plays that will have burned themselves into our consciousness by then. If TW are feeling generous we could award the winner with a suitably generous present - like a live interview on line with the board...?

You could choose a single shot, great rally etc.

To kick things off I offer two moments. 1. Blake's diving back hand volley against Safin to take the second set in their Hopman Cup match in Perth. 2. Federer's 4 in a row aces at the Aussie Open.

sseemiller
03-09-2004, 09:23 PM
I don't think new posts do return to the top any more. Just asking????

Deuce
03-09-2004, 10:19 PM
Everyone can set it to new posts at the top, or set it be creation date of the thread.

This is how it should be, and how it was on the other board.

To change from one way to the other, go to your 'Profile'.

sseemiller
03-09-2004, 11:46 PM
Thanks for the info, Deuce. I thought it was one way or the other, so I appreciate the info. :mrgreen: Although I'd have to think twice about posts I'd want to keep haunting me for an entire year or so. :lol:

PureCarlosMoyaDrive
03-10-2004, 04:41 PM
I would have to say that diving volley by Blake was seriously insane. Last year, Ferrero's play with the through the legs then forehand winner against Agassi was awesome too. Last year, Zabaleta hit a winner running down a lob on the right side of his body (the hardest of all flicks) past Federer. This year, at the Aussie, Federer ran down like 5 overheads from Hewitt, and then hit a winner off one. Last year, at the Masters, Federer's cross court forehand winner off Agassi's winner to win the match was also one of the craziest shots I've seen.

PureCarlosMoyaDrive
03-16-2004, 06:45 PM
Add to this list Federer's recent around the net post whack at Indian Wells vs. Fish, and this one shot I saw on a tennis channel quick flick of Fed ripping this forehand winner on clay on the full sprint/slide.