PDA

View Full Version : Big Hitter or Big Banger?

jdawg02
01-08-2007, 09:08 PM
I have a set of Unique Tourna Poly Big Hitter 17 in my Dunlop M-Fil 200 Racquet at the moment and I was wondering if anyone can give me any feedback on which string they prefer more. The Big Hitter is a great price and I hear it plays well. I haven't had a chance to play with it yet because I am still trying to snap this Kirschbaum on my other racquet and I want to have a fresh string job in second racquet for my tournament this weekend... Also... does the Big Hitter feel good right off the bat or does it require a little break in? I use to play with the Big Banger Alu Power and that stuff was great but too expensive.

Richie Rich
01-09-2007, 04:03 AM
it's a little softer than alu power. i play with big hitter 17 in my TF 325's and like it at 57 lbs. plays well right from the start and holds tension decently. i cut it out after 20 hours of hitting since the resiliency is gone from the string and it goes dead.

lecter255
05-29-2007, 11:19 PM
I have a set of Unique Tourna Poly Big Hitter 17 in my Dunlop M-Fil 200 Racquet at the moment and I was wondering if anyone can give me any feedback on which string they prefer more. The Big Hitter is a great price and I hear it plays well. I haven't had a chance to play with it yet because I am still trying to snap this Kirschbaum on my other racquet and I want to have a fresh string job in second racquet for my tournament this weekend... Also... does the Big Hitter feel good right off the bat or does it require a little break in? I use to play with the Big Banger Alu Power and that stuff was great but too expensive.

HEYY we have the exact same setup! i mean, i use M-Fil 200 with Tourna Polly Big Hitter 17 too, at 59/55 lbs. what tension do you use? I definitely think Big Hitter is better than ALU Power. if you have a tourney this weekend you should play with the racquet with Big Hitter for an hour or two before going into the tourney, just so you know how it will feel. also, fresh Big Hitter will prolly feel tighter than your almost popped Kirschbaum. At $7 a pack, why don't you just cut out the Kirschbaum and restring your racquect with Big Hitter? unless you don't string your own racquets and pro shops around you charge a very stiff price for labor...

lecter255
05-29-2007, 11:20 PM
it's a little softer than alu power. i play with big hitter 17 in my TF 325's and like it at 57 lbs. plays well right from the start and holds tension decently. i cut it out after 20 hours of hitting since the resiliency is gone from the string and it goes dead.

hey how long have you used Big Hitter? Do you know where to get it in a reel or whether they make a 18g version? thanks

Bottle Rocket
05-30-2007, 12:36 AM
I've used Big Hitter and it is a great string... It is possibly the most similar string to Luxilon ALU I have used. It plays a little differently at the beginning of its life, but plays nearly the same way after a few hours. It is a nice alternative.

I've seen reels on EBAE for $87 shipped. I have no idea why TW doesn't carry it.

I've ended up with a reel of Cyber Flash... I just can't get over the value. A 726 foot reel for $63 is ridiculous and the string isn't too far off from Big Hitter and all the others.

Richie Rich
05-30-2007, 08:03 AM
I've ended up with a reel of Cyber Flash... I just can't get over the value. A 726 foot reel for $63 is ridiculous and the string isn't too far off from Big Hitter and all the others.

me too. you can't beat CF at $3 per string job if you get the reel.

BigGriff
05-31-2007, 01:45 AM
I have used Big Hitter 17 on and off for about 8 months and love the stuff. I get it for $79.90.

If interested google "guts and glory tennis."