PDA

View Full Version : Klip Excellerator vs. Armor pro

Squid
01-08-2007, 10:59 PM
i've read that armor pro halfway feels like a multi and a gut string due to its thick coating. if thats the case, can anyone compare Klip's Excellerator and Armor Pro?

rasajadad
01-09-2007, 04:08 AM
I've never played Excellerator, but I have played Armor Pro a lot. The multis I can personally compare it to are Technifibre NRG2 and Technifibre X-1 Bi-Phase.

Spin (highest to lowest) AP, NRG, X1
Power (highest to lowest) X1, AP, NRG
Softness (Softer to firmer) AP, NRG, X1
Touch (Most to least) AP, NRG, X1
Tension retention (Best to worst) AP, X1, NRG
Durability (Longest to shortest) X1, AP, NRG

Hope that helps.

Squid
01-09-2007, 07:11 PM
ras, you think stringing armor pro at 68 or 70 on a redondo mid would be a good idea? i had x-1 at 68 on my mid, but after a week and a half, the tension started to drop and i am currently hating it when i try to serve and volley. how long does the tension of armor pro last for you?

ps. during this week and a half, i was getting about 3+ hours a day.

rasajadad
01-10-2007, 05:49 AM
Personally, I've never gone that high on my frame. (I also fear a TE reinjury.) I strung Armor Pro in my Redondo mid at 60 on a dropweight. If I were to string X-1, I'd string it at 62 to get the same feel. )After a warm up, the X-1 would soften up.) The way the Armor Pro feels, I think next time I'll go to 62 or 63. I think Armor Pro "comes to life" spinwise at the higher tension.

Keep in mind the Armor Pro doesn't lose tension like a multi might.

Squid
01-12-2007, 10:55 PM
anyone else have input on either one or both of these strings?

rasajadad
01-13-2007, 06:20 AM
Squid,
Even though it's not a racquet question, try posting it on the Redondo thread over there in the Racquets section. You're more likely to get Redondo-specific stringing advice there. And don't worry, you won't get criticized for posting it there. A lot of people discuss string setups and alternatives.

Squid
01-13-2007, 07:12 PM
is there way i can move this whole post or copy it over there?

rasajadad
01-14-2007, 04:18 AM
I'm not that technologically adept but I think you can copy and paste individual chunks of copy or that you can multiple quote. Just post it as a question in the Redondo thread. So far its just been me and you over here.