PDA

View Full Version : If I go full cyberflash...

dave333
01-09-2007, 01:19 PM
Right now, most of the errors I make are shots going long by a few feet. My syn gut is 2 week old syn gut (free stringing) that was strung at 60 lbs. If I were to go with full cyberflash at 60 lbs, would this solve my problem?

PBODY99
01-09-2007, 01:38 PM
While your shots might start out landing a little shorter, we miss because of our strokes. Give it a try, it should help, but it won't be a panacea.

DANMAN
01-09-2007, 01:50 PM
I would drop the tension to 57 or 58. Never string poly at the same tension you are stringing synthetic gut. The extra spin will help in bringing the ball down more so than keeping 60 pounds of tension.

Doc Hollidae
01-09-2007, 02:37 PM
I string cyberflash at the same tension as I did syn gut. You lose a tad of power, but I noticed the added control. In reality though it's all preference. Syn guts lose tension fairly quick (compared to polys), so you rarely play at the tension it was originally strung at. Cyberflash doesn't loosen up much or at all, so its almost like playing with a freshly strung racket everyday until it starts to lose tension.

Kevo
01-09-2007, 08:37 PM
If you were using a 16g syn gut, and go to the 17g Cyberflash, I would also probably stay at the same tension. If you go to the 16g Cyberflash, you might want to drop 2lbs.

Ljubicic for number1
01-10-2007, 01:32 AM
Yeah keep the same tension, its not going to fix your problem though, its a pretty powerful string still, maybe SPPP will tame your depth.

knasty131
01-10-2007, 05:04 AM
I know that i used to use a polylon/OG hybrid and i had the tension 56/59...now that I play with cyberflash/OP, I go 59 all the way around...cyberflash is a comfortable string when you put it up against most poly's, and if you go to stringforum.net and look at the ratings, cyberflash got the most power. so in my opinion, there is no need to drop the tension

Jasonzzz
01-10-2007, 06:18 AM
Hey guys like to check a few things.

I was on SPPP before switching to cyber flash (Iím doing hybrid, using poly on main and OG sheep micro on the cross). I notice if I stung the same tension of SPPP on cyber flash my shot seem to go long and the racket does have more "bouncing" effect. Is it because of the softness of the string?? The reason why I chose cyber flash is the price issue. If I decide to switch to full poly should I remain 55 lbs main and 57 lbs cross? Or same through out?

Ripper
01-10-2007, 08:35 AM
Right now, most of the errors I make are shots going long by a few feet. My syn gut is 2 week old syn gut (free stringing) that was strung at 60 lbs. If I were to go with full cyberflash at 60 lbs, would this solve my problem?

No, I'm sorry, but it won't solve your problem, because you're going long by a few feet. If it were a few inches... but a few feet! Simply explained, you're hitting too flat. Either learn to hit with more topspin or hit with less force.

dave333
01-11-2007, 10:36 AM
alright, i'll go with more topspin i guess. Poly is supposed to be stiffer and therefore I'll need to swingharder which ===>more topspin.

Its not consistently out by a few feet. Usually on return of serves against 2nd serves.