PDA

View Full Version : i want to play in 4.0 , how can i do it ?

peluzon
01-10-2007, 08:32 AM
Hi :

Im living here in Usa in Reno NV, since a year. I have been playing tennis and i think that im a 4.0.

I want to play tournaments this year , and a dude recommend me that i have to subscribe in www.usta.com , but i can not find the right link to do it

help me please ;)

raiden031
01-10-2007, 08:38 AM
Personally I think the USTA website is a piece of crap. It is very confusing because there are several different links to leagues and tournaments yet all of the links are different. You have tennislink leagues and tournaments and you have non-tennislink leagues and tournaments and it is impossible to figure out how to actually join a league or a tournament. Then there are the sectional websites that also provide NO useful information on how to join a league or a tournament.

Your best bet from the main page at www.usta.com is to click 'tennislink' at the top and click 'tournaments' (enter now) and then enter search criteria and browse for tournaments of interest.

cghipp
01-10-2007, 08:58 AM
Here's the contact info for the adult league coordinator in Nevada. Good luck!

Nevada
Mary Maragos, Adult League Coordinator
(702) 792-8384

Just realized you said tournaments, not league - sorry.

oscar_2424
01-10-2007, 09:25 AM
u have to get a usta membership card, that's the first step

http://www.usta.com/membership/default.sps

tennishack
01-26-2007, 12:05 PM
ask your local pro you idiot...

tennishack
01-26-2007, 12:06 PM
ask your local pro u idiot

tennismike33
01-26-2007, 12:35 PM
ask your local pro u idiot

I am not sure I would try to help people by calling them names, but your point of talking to a local tennis center is a great point.

Ask the pro to evaluate your skill ability, you may find that you are a 4.5 player, you really want to be rated properly. Hope this works out for you.

Ronaldo
01-26-2007, 12:47 PM
I am not sure I would try to help people by calling them names, but your point of talking to a local tennis center is a great point.

Ask the pro to evaluate your skill ability, you may find that you are a 4.5 player, you really want to be rated properly. Hope this works out for you.

Yes, if you are evaluated as a 4.5 player, start with a 3.5 team. You will be on top of the heap, king of the hill, King Rat if you will.

allez
01-26-2007, 07:20 PM
ask your local pro you idiot...

take it easy, pal. what you say reveals a lot of your character. just because you know something he doesn't does not entitle you to call him an idiot. the guy asked a legit Q and tried to get help.