PDA

View Full Version : Help with Technifibre Machine Numbering (SPII or SP11?)

varuscelli
01-10-2007, 10:53 AM
I'm having some trouble at times with numbering system used to identify various stringing machines.

Right now, the machine on this page is causing me confusion in that I don't know if it's a Tecnifibre SPII (as in SP Two) or SP11 (as in SP Eleven).

http://www.photostringer.com/tecnifibre_sp11_01.htm

See the third photo in the top row for a closer look.

Even though it looks to be numbered with Roman numeral II (as in Two or 2), I think from the precedent I've seen with other machine numbers from older Tecnifibre machines, it must be an eleven (11).

Can anyone help me with this?

Is this an SPII or SP11?

dancraig
01-10-2007, 04:16 PM
Paul R. Zalatoris <paul@tecnifibreusa.com>

Al:
This man has always been very helpful to me.

varuscelli
01-10-2007, 04:26 PM
Thank you for that contact info, Dan. I'll likely send him an e-mail soon if I don't get a solid response here (or via my originator on the machine photos, but I don't think I got those photos from an actual machine owner so he might not even know).

I know there's actually someone on this list that uses this machine, and I think he had referred to it as SP11. But now I can't remember who it was. I might have to break down and "search"... :(

;)

varuscelli
01-11-2007, 08:13 AM
According to an undisclosed source (the Deep Throat of the Stringing Industry), the real answer is "SP11." I'll buy that, especially since it makes sense when compared to the naming/numbering conventions used in other Tecnifibre machines. I'm going with SP11 on the site.

Might seem like a minor issue, but I'm trying to be as accurate as I can in machine references on the site.