PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting Gamma X-2 tension head?

Gugafan_Redux
01-11-2007, 08:39 AM
Hey, all --

I joined the land of the living (stringers) yesterday when I rec'd my Gamma X-2 and strung up my first stick. Aside from a few whiffs out of the blocks, and some cuts on my hand, I got it done on my first try. Better than I expected! :) Unfortunately now I've got purple free gamma string in my frame.

Question, though. There's nothing in the owner's manual about adjusting the nut in the tension head. The one in the top of this pic. (I'm borrowing the pic from photostringer.com. If this is leeching your bandwidth, let me know, and I'll remove.)

It seems like this would be for different gauges. I strung with 16 and did not notice any scuffs or damage to the string from the diamond gripper. Would you tighten or adjust for a thinner string? But you can't crank the nut down, because that would immobilize the tension gripper. What's the deal? Thanks!

http://www.photostringer.com/images/Gamma_X-2_061228-10a.jpg

Gamma Tech
01-11-2007, 10:20 AM
You don't have to adjust the top screw of the gripper for different gauges of string, it is done automatically.

if the screw is loose the string will fall behind the gripper or if it is too tight it will not moving up and down, this is the only time you need to adjust the single screw on the rotational gripper.

bret

Gugafan_Redux
01-11-2007, 10:49 AM
Thanks, Gamma Tech!