PDA

View Full Version : GammaTech 6004 Question

barry
01-11-2007, 10:50 AM
Question about the the 6004 tensioner / Diablo. After reading the post on the Alpha Equinox , one user mentioned it is necessary to wax the Diablo. Is this the normal practice? Never owned a machine with a Diablo, and am considering the 6004 with the new 2 point system.

Instead of looping the string around the Diablo, is it OK to run it straight across the top?

LttlElvis
01-11-2007, 11:38 AM
Barry, you read my mind. I also am considering the 6004 2 pt. I have seen some MRTs just run the string over the Diablo. I was wondering the same thing.

Gamma Tech
01-11-2007, 12:08 PM
I'm not really sure why you would want to wax the diablo, the wax will eventually end up in the string gripper, string clamps, your hands, etc and create more problems with slippage. Our diablos can spin freely so maybe they would use the wax with a non-rotating diablo.

you can run the string over the diablo but it defeats its purpose. if you only run it over then some of the time it will touch the diablo and some of the time it won't. The purpose of the diablo is to increase consistency. The angle the string enters the gripper affects the tension. when you wrap the string completely around the diablo then the angle from the diablo to the gripper is always the same and the tension is more consistent. so it doesn't matter if the tension head is close or far or if you are doing mains or crosses the angle from the diablo to the gripper is always the same.

bret

aidenous
02-07-2007, 08:28 AM
I have the 5003 which I believe has the roller in the same position and my problem is with natual gut. I have had the gut spearate. I don't have the problem if I just run the string under the roller and into the tensioner.

What is the opinion of wraping gut around the roller?

elee3
02-07-2007, 07:37 PM
What is the opinion of wraping gut around the roller?

And poly and kelvar too. Wrapping poly or kelvar strings damages the diablo?

There's a whole thread of people bouncing back and forth to either wrap poly/kelvar strings on the diablo or not. http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=115294