PDA

View Full Version : ASO or KALLASSY (ankle braces) ?

sandro
08-23-2004, 08:31 AM
Could you help me choose? They seem very similar on pictures. I must wear an ankle brace when I play tennis.
Thanks

atatu
08-23-2004, 09:55 AM
Kallassy is prety good, also look at the Donjoy Rocketsock.

Ryan
08-31-2004, 09:37 PM
I just bought the ASO a couple of weeks ago after I sprained my ankle and I must say that after all the hype I have heard about these I have not been impressed. Since I have started to use it I have rolled my ankle twice not as bad as without one but that should still not happen. They have very flimsy plastic stabilizers that do nothing. If I were you I would go with an Active Ankle even though they are bigger and stretch your shoes I can guarantee that you will not role your ankle again.

sw00sh
09-08-2004, 11:33 PM
Which one will be better, the lace-up version or the full velcro version?

Most of the versions I see on net are lace ups. Wonder if this is a better option.

However, I bought the full velcro version, here's the link and believe it more affordable than the rest..

http://www.medco-school.com/Fast/Product.asp?leaf_id=15855&Section=17&Subsection=12 6#

Thanks.

Dsangrene
04-15-2005, 05:39 AM
Looked like the top rated male U.S. player wears ASO ankle braces on both ankles. He was wearing them on the cover of a recent tennis magazine. You can buy them at: asoanklebraces.com

borisboris
04-16-2005, 10:29 PM
The SWEDE 0-8 is the best all purpose ankle brace. I bought some McDavids 2 years ago and swear by them - wear on both ankles. They are the full lace-up / velcro 8 plus a wrap velcro. They break in after a few matches. Great investment.