PDA

View Full Version : Can the Revo 4K string a Prince O3?

Netgame
01-12-2007, 03:49 PM
I read somewhere that the O3's are a little tricky to string, and that the machine has to have a brake feature or something like that.
Can the Revo/Axis Pro handle it?

jj300
01-12-2007, 04:15 PM
not a problem at all. if you read the description, the revo has a brake, and actually I like it because u can make the table stop in any position. some machines have breaks that lock every few spaces so sometimes it won't lock exactly in ur intended spot, but maybe like 1/8before or after the original spot

LttlElvis
01-12-2007, 04:19 PM
Yes those machines have brakes and can string an O3 racquet. Actually, stringing O3 racquets are not difficult and have indicators on the racquet itself where to tie knots, where the mains end, and which side is the short main side for one piece stringing.

Machines without a break can be aided with a boomerang too. If you purchased an O3 racquet and you string your own, Prince may send you one for free.

http://www.princetennis.com/product/product_detail.asp?CategoryID=251&Product=1324

Netgame
01-12-2007, 06:24 PM
not a problem at all. if you read the description, the revo has a brake, and actually I like it because u can make the table stop in any position.
I read the description, but before I know what a brake was! I used to string about 20 years ago, and I'm now just getting ready to get back into it and I'm not up to speed yet:oops: . I hope everyone can bear with my dumb questions for a little while. I can tell you anything about a BR-3 though!