PDA

View Full Version : Is it easy to string?

vandyer
01-13-2007, 02:39 AM
hi there,

Just a thought...

If i were to buy a stringin machine how easy would it be for me to learn how to string? Do i need to go on a stringin course or would i be able to floow some instructions?

I mean i guess the frist few times i string they might be a bit rough!!!

thanks

Ljubicic for number1
01-13-2007, 03:17 AM
If you have time and a bit of patience and enjoy playing with racquets you will pick it up in no time. I had a few dodgy knots and stuff on my first couple of jobs but now they come out perfect and I enjoy doing it.

John.

goober
01-13-2007, 04:46 AM
I learned just following an instruction manual that came with the stringer. I am sure I would have made less mistakes early on if I had someone showing me, but
it is not hard to do. Basically almost anybody can learn to string pretty easily.

do a search this question has been asked before.

SteveI
01-13-2007, 04:47 AM
hi there,

Just a thought...

If i were to buy a stringin machine how easy would it be for me to learn how to string? Do i need to go on a stringin course or would i be able to floow some instructions?

I mean i guess the frist few times i string they might be a bit rough!!!

thanks

Hi,

Go for it.. it is not rocket science. The 1st few jobs will humble you a bit. After that you will have to learn the ins and outs of your machine. About 20 jobs in, you will have it down pat. Plus you have this site to help you. The stringers here seen it all and are more than happy to guide you thur some of mess. If you can find someone local to watch.. that would be the best. Seeing it done live can't be replaced. There are vids on the net that can help you. You have come to the right place.. to get help. These folks are the best. Steve Huff.. , Greg Raven.. etc. real Aces!!

Regards,
Steve

theace21
01-13-2007, 04:03 PM
First string job might take you almost 2 hours, and might have a mistake or two. After a couple of string jobs your time will quickly drop and you will be under an hour.

me is bored
01-13-2007, 04:10 PM
ya i strung my first racket yesterday in bout 2 hours, but it was fun and i had a really experienced stringer there helping me too =] thats alot better than just hte manual imo

dowjones
01-13-2007, 04:26 PM
Started stringing a couple of months ago - I'm a string breaker so it's worked out great. I enjoy it, it's given me a chance to experiment and save some money.

Indy Tennis
01-13-2007, 04:33 PM
I used to string my own racquets. I think that part is pretty easy. When you start stringing a bunch of different racquets it starts getting a little more complicated.

I strung my racquets for about six months and started feeling like an expert. Then some friends gave me their racquets to string and I did it once and was humbled.

I got down to about an hour per. The guys who can do 15-20 min. string jobs amaze me.

Bottle Rocket
01-13-2007, 04:41 PM
Scroll down a tad on this website and watch the two videos on stringing. The first one talks about their machine and setting it up, the second one shows the guy stringing the racket.

http://www.sptennis.com/stringer.asp

There are lot's of Q's and A's on that website, too.

If you are picky about string jobs, break strings a lot, or have some friends that break strings a lot, these are all pretty good reasons to buy one. You can get a good stringer, like the Gamma X-2 for $135 shipped with some strings and all the tools needed.

mistapooh
01-13-2007, 04:47 PM
I learned to string with my Klipper drop weight over the phone. You shouldn't have any problems.

headfan91
01-13-2007, 04:55 PM
ya i strung my first racket yesterday in bout 2 hours, but it was fun and i had a really experienced stringer there helping me too =] thats alot better than just hte manual imo
what stringer do you have?

Court_Jester
01-13-2007, 05:03 PM
ya i strung my first racket yesterday in bout 2 hours, but it was fun and i had a really experienced stringer there helping me too =] thats alot better than just hte manual imowhat stringer do you have?

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=111916

vandyer
01-14-2007, 07:34 AM
Scroll down a tad on this website and watch the two videos on stringing. The first one talks about their machine and setting it up, the second one shows the guy stringing the racket.

http://www.sptennis.com/stringer.asp

There are lot's of Q's and A's on that website, too.

If you are picky about string jobs, break strings a lot, or have some friends that break strings a lot, these are all pretty good reasons to buy one. You can get a good stringer, like the Gamma X-2 for $135 shipped with some strings and all the tools needed.

Where did you get the Gamme x-2 for $135

thanks