PDA

View Full Version : Biphase too powerfull, not what?

aroddick
01-13-2007, 08:10 AM
I strung Biphase at 58 which loses 9% tension overnight. I also added strings savers. The whole Babolat pack.

When i went to play tennis, and took swings and hit some forehand powerful shots. The balls seemed to sail. And My serves were missing the line by a inch or two.

I used a slice serve. And topspin serve.

WAY TO POWERFUL. I dont know what to do now? I dont want to cut it out. Or spend more money on it. No more than $5 at most.

any options

WhiteSox05CA
01-13-2007, 08:13 AM
Why'd you use string-savers on X-1? Why would you string it in the 50's?

TonyB
01-13-2007, 08:55 AM
Either learn to control the power and play with the racquet as is, or cut them out and put something else in.

You really don't have any other options. What's done is done.

You say that you were only missing the line by an inch or two on your serves. That's nothing. Reel in the power a little bit and you're fine. I'm not sure why you think it's "way too powerful" with that evidence.

Certainly X-1 is more powerful than most strings. But its amazing comfort level lets you string it fairly high. You didn't say which racquet you're using, so I don't know if 58 is really too low, but I suspect it is. Maybe something in the 62-64 range would be more appropriate.

Either way, as I said, what's done is done. Personally, I'd play with it as it is, because I love X-1 Biphase. Next time around, just string it higher.

christo
01-13-2007, 08:33 PM
a very elastic string, don't use it. It's great for a week and then rubbish, too expensive. get some gut and learn how to use that.

diredesire
01-14-2007, 12:08 AM
I find it amusing, since you seem to be touting it as the best string of all time... It's just the nature of the string, it is soft, and elastic. It's going to be powerful. You can string it up one or two pounds, and call it a day. String savers typically add a little bit of stiffness to a string job, but since you've already added a whole pack to it, there's not much you can do.

vinnier6
01-14-2007, 06:59 AM
i find that multis such as biphase need to be strung up higher than 58...try 62 or higher and i bet you can tame the power...or try using a poly...soft ones such as sppp provide good feel with less power...

White_Rice
01-14-2007, 10:06 AM
BiPhase is nice when you use a hybrid set up with a poly. Great string IMO. I have biphase on my mains and pro red on my crosses of my TF320.

bad_call
01-16-2007, 07:28 AM
I find it amusing, since you seem to be touting it as the best string of all time... It's just the nature of the string, it is soft, and elastic. It's going to be powerful. You can string it up one or two pounds, and call it a day. String savers typically add a little bit of stiffness to a string job, but since you've already added a whole pack to it, there's not much you can do.

too funny.

Dasboot
01-16-2007, 12:14 PM
When did you find it too powerful? Was it when you freshly strung it or after you had some playtime with it? I string my x-one biphase 17 at 60 and it feels great. I did have a few moments where I thought I didn't like it also. Just play with it some more and like the others said string it higher next time.

aroddick
01-16-2007, 12:36 PM
i found it powerful on my first 2 hours of play. I played one hour before then one hour after that a day later, and i kind found my shots fly out.

Redflea
01-16-2007, 03:18 PM
I used to use Biphase at 58 or 57 in my RDX Mid...perfect power at that tension in my RDX, and great feel. Not as durable as I would have liked, but overall a very nice string for me.

What racquet are you using it on? PD?

I'd say give it a few hits to see if you can adjust to it before you make any changes....

McG
01-16-2007, 06:48 PM
To each their own, but I'm absolutely loving the 16 ga version struck at 60lb in my O3 Tour MP. I switched from NRG16, which I still find to be an ideal string. I hate to get off the court with BiPhase 16 in my racquet.

I've always loved Technifibre, dating back to early high school days using Technifibre Answer (if I'm remembering properly) in my CTS Approach !!

Loving Technifibre...may have to try the racquets someday, but I have definitely found my racquet in the O3 Tour MP.

Chris

Dasboot
01-16-2007, 06:54 PM
Anyone have a date on when the red x-one biphase 16/17 is supposed to be coming out this month?

Ripper
01-19-2007, 07:46 AM
Anyone have a date on when the red x-one biphase 16/17 is supposed to be coming out this month?

TW said January (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=107490&highlight=biphase). I'm waiting, too!

Edit: Oh and btw, I don't find Biphase to be all that powerful. It's kind of like Yonex 850; powerful, yes, but in a controlable crispy kind of way... imo.