PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion, fellow juniors.

TalkingTennis91
01-13-2007, 09:40 PM
Guys, my hair is getting kind of long, so would I look like a ****** if I wore a Federer like bandana/headtie thing? The reason I'm asking is that I already play with the nCode Tour 90, so I don't want to look like a ******-bag "wanna be" or something like that. Any opinions?

Kabob190
01-13-2007, 10:00 PM
just dont wear a nike one

[ GTR ]
01-14-2007, 02:57 AM
I wouldn't wear a bandana if I were you. If you do wear one, maybe a headband(like Blake's) but not Nike as the guy above said. I play with the nCode 90 with a white overgrip, wilson or yonex and people already complain! I only have nike shoes but everything else Adidas, K-Swiss, Yonex clothes.

Duzza
01-14-2007, 03:07 AM
Good question, I've come against it too, with long hair and all. If you're not embarassed by it and you can actually play tennis, why the hell not! IMO from most normal to looking like a wanker:

Hat
Headband
Bandana
Hat Backwards

looseswing
01-14-2007, 04:05 AM
Well it also depends who you are playing with. If you know you're playing with people who are going to give you sh-t for it, don't wear it, but otherwise go ahead.

mhstennis100
01-14-2007, 05:55 AM
some kid in my area that plays most of the tournaments I play has the Nike headband, Ncode 90, white pro overgrip, same shoes, and same swingstyle (1 hand backhand, serve, etc.) so he gets a bunch of sht about it. I was talking to him and he said he was gonna get the new K90's without even trying them so he can keep up with Fed.

xtremerunnerars
01-14-2007, 06:26 AM
Kid who goes to my school that I hit with every once in a while got a headband. He got the white tacchini one...and it looks so dumb! Black stringy-type hair...he's pale...it looks weird.

Still doesn't help him take games off of me :p

goober
01-14-2007, 07:33 AM
get a mullet, then your hair won't be in your eyes :)

NbladeTopspin
01-14-2007, 07:40 AM
I would have to agree with Duzza

jamumafa
01-14-2007, 08:03 AM
Headbands are rubbish. Get a bandana and then wear the Swoosh on the inside.

Plus - if you pwnz0rz the competition and then they say "oh look at that Federer wannabe" Just flash the score card at them.

tennis-skater
01-14-2007, 09:31 AM
I have long hair and I just wear a hat. Like I flip it all back put the hat on and then put the sides behind my ears so it doesnt get into my mouth or eyes. And yes to answer your ? you would look like a DB

thejackal
01-14-2007, 10:35 AM
I wore a bandana folded into a doorag like Phillippousis and Agassi when I had long hair. this girl who was on the girl's tennis team said i looked "g**"

needless to say i got rid of both the hair and the bandana.

klngnbrgd
01-14-2007, 10:39 AM
If it looks good and you like it, who cares what others think. Where what is the most comfortable for you.

EricW
01-14-2007, 10:56 AM
I just got my hair cut today but before it was really long and I wore a hat backwards when playing

Freedom
01-15-2007, 08:41 PM
I have long hair too, and I wear just a normal-pattern bandanna. My only complaint is that it feels weird with glasses, so I'm considering switching to a hat...

Tpro
01-16-2007, 03:38 AM
When my hair was long I used bandanas but not the nike ones but like the nike basketball stuff and ones from a foundation in Australia called "canteen" and they had like an army camoflage one and I used that. Otherwise i just used a hat but I didnt really like wearing a hat because it felt wierd after a playing for a while. In my opinion you shouldnt really care about what other people think as long as its comfortable for you. However if you do have game it usually helps to stop people calling you a fed wannabe. And dont use headbands with long hair. They dont help.

LASVEGAS ACES
01-16-2007, 05:55 AM
If you are tall and blond - go with a FULL retro FILA deal, with the head nad, clingy white shirts and small shorts- we got one of those "BORG- AGAINS" and it is a crack up (he is pretty good, too and will kick your butt).

Other wise, cut your hair Betty, or get matching purse and pearls.

FEDEX1
01-27-2007, 03:55 PM
well federer's got a new racket now so it doesn't matter as much. but ya i'd say u'd be a ******

Fumoffu
02-01-2007, 04:14 PM
I wouldn't mind if you could back it up with fed-like abilities ;)

4brotherdrive
02-04-2007, 06:37 AM
Around here you would be made fun of to death. But i wouldnt care what you wear as long as you play good.

Ronnie92
02-04-2007, 07:47 AM
Good question, I've come against it too, with long hair and all. If you're not embarassed by it and you can actually play tennis, why the hell not! IMO from most normal to looking like a wanker:

Hat
Headband
Bandana
Hat Backwards

I always wear a hat backwards, hah.

ibringtheHEAT
02-05-2007, 03:10 PM
use a ponytail

dunlopfan
02-06-2007, 06:02 PM
Try wearing a hat

equinox
02-06-2007, 06:20 PM
Don't worry you'll lose your hair soon enough.

Nexus
02-09-2007, 08:25 PM
Oh, Oh! Do what I do. My hair's as long as a girl's. Actually, I've been told by older players that I look like Borg, or a girl from behind. It's funny. Anyway, I just wear some off-brand gray-ish visor. I have to tour 90's, both with black overgrips. I had orange ones for a while. Anyway, screw what other people think of you. Heck, maybe your opponent will freak out and think they're playing a mini-federer. In my defense, I've had long hair since before I played tennis and there's nothing wrong with striving to be the best, or using a racket like the tour 90 to help you open your game to new levels. A lot of people don't like using the racket because it's heavy and head-light. I'd be kind of amazed if I play anyone with a tour 90 during my season. It'll sure make for a great match, though.

Anyway, back to your hair. Visors work. Beanies work in COLD weather. Headbands are fun (Thus how I got the whole Borg thing going). Do-rags might get you shot. Or, get a hair cut.

On windy days, I pull mine back AND wear a visor backwards because I will admit that my hair gets on my nerves from time to time, but it's more of a mental thing that I usually get over before the current game ends and the next one begins. Just do what's comfortable for you.

Visors are good when you're serving into the sun. Wear them backwards when the sun doesn't bother you. Any headband or hair restraint other than a pony tail could give you tanlines (which I found out) or pimples. So, be careful with that if you're pimple-conscious.

Voltron
02-09-2007, 08:29 PM
I'm getting an Adidas bandana, I don't care what people think honestly. I have VERY long hair, a ponytail is coming in mere weeks, it's already that long,

Duzza
02-09-2007, 08:39 PM
I always wear a hat backwards, hah.

Well...you're a wanker! haha jk. I do sometimes too, so you get away with it.

thejackal
02-09-2007, 09:12 PM
i wear a hat backwards when i practice sometimes, but the follow-though on my forehand ends up knocking it off after a while

tennishead93
03-01-2007, 05:25 PM
long hair and backwards hat make good combo long hair and bandana wannabee combo long hair and front hat looks wierd

Puredrivetennis
03-06-2007, 07:58 PM
Agreed-- who cares what you look like! Although it feels good to be all dressed up, it all goes out the window when you step on the court. If you want to wear it, though, I say do it-- who cares what other people think; be a leader, not a follower! Tennis is an individual game, so be an individual!

ibringtheHEAT
03-16-2007, 12:35 PM
mhs. are you talking about the kid on Oak Ridge?

that kid is so funny, i had to play him last tournament. He could have easily put away a backhand off one of my lobs but he had to do his one handed thing and put it right in front of me, numerous times things like that happened. i just bought a shirt that says "Friends Don't Let Friends Idolize Celebrities" I'm gonna wear it as an undershirt then take off the uniform shirt next time I play him

forzainter
03-18-2007, 02:59 AM
go nalbandian, he has long hair with a mini ponytail and a headband.

TheAeropro
03-18-2007, 05:53 AM
yeah, what about nadal? his hair is pretty long and fed's too.