PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Grommet Repair Machine -- Interesting!

varuscelli
01-13-2007, 10:05 PM
Well, Janneman of the Netherlands has come through again with another very interesting set of photos. A Pacific Grommet Repair Machine.

For the moment (unless someone tells me otherwise), I'll have to assume that "Pacific" and "Pacific Sport" are the same and that this machine belongs with the other Pacific Sport machines.

Pacific Sport entry page:

http://www.photostringer.com/pacific_sport.htm

Pacific Grommet Repair Machine page:

http://www.photostringer.com/pacific_sport_grommet_repair_machine_01.htm

diredesire
01-13-2007, 11:13 PM
Well, Janneman of the Netherlands has come through again with another very interesting set of photos. A Pacific Grommet Repair Machine.

For the moment (unless someone tells me otherwise), I'll have to assume that "Pacific" and "Pacific Sport" are the same and that this machine belongs with the other Pacific Sport machines.

Pacific Sport entry page:

http://www.photostringer.com/pacific_sport.htm

Pacific Grommet Repair Machine page:

http://www.photostringer.com/pacific_sport_grommet_repair_machine_01.htm

I wish i could see better what it is doing... looks much like a soldering iron to me...

varuscelli
01-14-2007, 02:18 AM
I wish i could see better what it is doing... looks much like a soldering iron to me...

I'll ask Janneman for a bit of explanation and I'll bet I can get a some text from him to go along with the photos.

As you say, it looks like it might be kind of like a soldering iron and perhaps somewhat melts and remolds a bad grommet or even helps (via heating) mold a new grommet to fit the shape of the opening better (?). Maybe if you have a grommet that's "close to" but not an exact fit, you could use the heat to make it fit... (?) :confused:

I'll try to find out more.

Richard Parnell
01-14-2007, 09:05 AM
Hi Guys,
I have the same grommet repairer but from Babolat. It has the same solderer but is not connected up to a large "box". The Babolat one has a temperature gauge on the solderer.
The idea is to pop in a fresh grommet and then solder (the tip of the solderer is round) it in and as you are molding the grommet up against the frame it hardens and lasts for ever. I have still got a wilson profile from 89 with a repaired grommet which is still perfect.
I think that I bought it in the late '80's
All the best,
Richard

varuscelli
01-14-2007, 09:48 AM
Hi Guys,
I have the same grommet repairer but from Babolat. It has the same solderer but is not connected up to a large "box". The Babolat one has a temperature gauge on the solderer.
The idea is to pop in a fresh grommet and then solder (the tip of the solderer is round) it in and as you are molding the grommet up against the frame it hardens and lasts for ever. I have still got a wilson profile from 89 with a repaired grommet which is still perfect.
I think that I bought it in the late '80's
All the best,
Richard

Thanks for the explanation, Richard! Great stuff.

And as a side note, if you'd like to share a couple of photos of the Babolat equivalent at some point, I'd welcome them. I think for many people (especially those at my own level), there's very little frame of reference for this kind of equipment. For me, it's pretty neat to see stuff like this that I had no clue even existed. ;)

Janneman
01-14-2007, 11:18 AM
Hi...;)

Yes, the answer from Richard is correct.:)
This machine is about the same as the Babolat grommet machine.
I try to make a copy of the original Pacific information.

Al, your site is great !!!:-D :-D :

Greetz Janneman

varuscelli
01-14-2007, 11:56 AM
Hi...

Yes, the answer from Richard is correct.
This machine is about the same as the Babolat grommet machine.
I try to make a copy of the original Pacific information.

Al, your site is great !!! :

Greetz Janneman

Thanks, Janneman, for chiming in with confirmation. :)

Ladies and gentlemen, Janneman is one of our major contributors to the Stringing Machine Photo Library.

Each time he comes to town, we wine and dine him so he'll keep those photos coming. :p

And in truth, he deserves praise for his contributions, which have been both generous and plentiful. Thanks, Janneman, for all your help. :)

Janneman
01-14-2007, 12:16 PM
No thanks, Al.
I do it with pleasure for this TW site and the other people.

Janneman

varuscelli
01-14-2007, 12:38 PM
No thanks, Al.
I do it with pleasure for this TW site and the other people.

Janneman

Well, that's exactly what I mean, though. :)

I think you're a generous guy at heart and you're helping in all these ways because it's your nature to do so.

I also think that you and I see things very much the same way in sharing information, along with quite a few others who are believe the same thing and are contributing as they can. When we work on something together we can do things that are pretty special when we put our minds and efforts toward a goal (even taking small steps at a time). That's one of the biggest reasons the Stringing Machine Photo Library is coming together so well, because people are being generous in helping where they can.

It's a pretty cool thing... :)