PDA

View Full Version : Just got a Prince Neos

tennis&racquetball89
01-14-2007, 02:33 PM
Last week I just picked up a used Prince Neos. I've strung about 5 racquets with it so far and I like it a lot. I used to use an electronic machine so it's a little different, but I think I'm starting to like it even better. I really like the two-point mounting system because it holds that racquet very securely and no arms get in the way of grommet holes.

One thing I was wondering about was after I release the tension head it seems like the whole tensioner shoots forward real fast. This I'm assuming is normal, but just thought I'd post it here just to make sure I'm not being to hard on my machine.

Also, what should I do to insure proper maintenence of the machine and how often should I do it. I was wondering about keeping parts lubricated or other things.

One other thing, I'm not used to stringing on this type of machine yet so if anyone can give me any tips specific to this machine I'd really appericiate it.

Thanks!

dancraig
01-14-2007, 06:12 PM
The glide bars will need to be cleaned with alcohol and clean cloth. The tracks, that the glide bars slide along, will need to be cleaned and lubricated a little. Be careful not to get any lube on the glide bars.
I think a little lubrication on the moving parts of the tensioner is a good idea. Be careful not to get any on, or near, the string gripper. The silicone type lube seems to work well in this application. A little on the teeth of the bar the tensioner moves along might also be a good idea. When applying lube on a stringer, I would use as little as possible.

McG
01-16-2007, 06:13 PM
"One thing I was wondering about was after I release the tension head it seems like the whole tensioner shoots forward real fast. This I'm assuming is normal, but just thought I'd post it here just to make sure I'm not being to hard on my machine."

Good advice by dancraig on maintenance, but I'll take a stab at addressing your point regarding the release of the tension head. While you push in the release with one hand, lightly hang on to the crank handle with the other hand as it releases. This will make for a much smoother release. (I hope that I'm understanding your question properly!)

Regards,
Chris

diredesire
01-16-2007, 08:52 PM
In this case, it'd also be possible to adjust your machine so that the catch is a little less violent, but it is a bit of a hassle, and might take some tweaking to get it back on track...