PDA

View Full Version : 5800 Electronic Gamma

D Wilson
01-14-2007, 02:04 PM
I have a 5800 Gamma electronic stringing machine. I tried hybrid for my first time today and it didn't WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was using luxilon on the mains and I cut the set I purchased exactly in half. The problem was that I couldn't get the string to reach were it needed to be tensioned on the last main for both sides.

WHAT DO I DO????????

The set just doesn't work.

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

bigbanger
01-14-2007, 09:43 PM
I have a 5800 Gamma electronic stringing machine. I tried hybrid for my first time today and it didn't WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was using luxilon on the mains and I cut the set I purchased exactly in half. The problem was that I couldn't get the string to reach were it needed to be tensioned on the last main for both sides.

WHAT DO I DO????????

According to the string pattern for the nPS 95, the mains require 20' of string. Are you sure that your set of string was 40' in length? Sometimes a set will come up a bit short. Also, polyester stretches very little, so if your half-set was less than 20' it is possible to run out of string on the last mains. If you have a starting clamp, you can use it and a scrap piece of string to reach the tensioner if the string won't reach on its own.

-- bb

D Wilson
01-14-2007, 09:58 PM
I had a little over 20 feet of string. I REALLY NEED HELP ON THIS!!!!!

Gugafan_Redux
01-15-2007, 06:19 AM
WHAT DO I DO????????

Buy a new set of strings and start over. Cut it longer this time or don't cut at all.

rich s
01-15-2007, 07:09 AM
The problem was that I couldn't get the string to reach were it needed to be tensioned on the last main for both sides.

WHAT DO I DO????????

Take a length of extra/scrap string (about 12" or more - string type doesn't matter, just needs to be a left over scrap) and you can do one of the following three things.

1. tie it to the string that doesn't reach the gripper so that it does reach the gripper.

2. use a starting clamp and clamp the extra scrap of string to the short string

or

3. use a floating clamp to clamp the extra scrap of string to the short string.

LttlElvis
01-15-2007, 09:11 AM
http://www.eagnas.com/maxgen1/pp600.html#PP600OP

pictures on # 3 and # 4

D Wilson
01-15-2007, 09:18 AM
Thanks I will try that. But isn't there some way that you don't have to do this everytime you hybrid. An electronic stringing machine is very expensive, I don't know why in the world it wouldn't be able to do hybrid in ease. Also I would prefer not to waste a whole set on one string job; it costs alot of money.

jj300
01-15-2007, 09:31 AM
ummm. no offense but its not the machine's fault. Some rackets need more string than others, and some machines need more string to reach the tensioner than others. get a floating clamp or a starting clamp

LttlElvis
01-15-2007, 10:35 AM
Yes, exactly what jj300 said.

You really need to get to know your machine and the racquets. This will come with more experience. The recommended lengths from the manufacturers are not alway right for your situation. Some of the electronic machines actually need a little more string because the gripper is at a fixed position, whereas a crank can get alot closer to the racquet.

If you are hybriding with luxilon, consider getting a reel. With experience you will know how much you need.

Buy a starting clamp and just take this as a learning experience. You will find the starting clamp and scrap string technique to be very useful in binds.

D Wilson
01-15-2007, 11:52 AM
The clamps that the electronic machine comes with are excellent. I only saw one that was better. So what does that clamps you were talking about do?

LttlElvis
01-15-2007, 11:59 AM
A starting clamp is like an extra utility clamp in addition to your included clamps. It is not necessary, but can help you in certain binds like ending up with a short string. It can also help with the around the world technique, and starting the crosses. Starting clamps are optional, but good to have around. See the pics in the above post.

You have a Gamma 5800 ELS ? That is one NICE machine. Congrats

Audiodude
01-15-2007, 12:52 PM
If you purchased your machine from ATS, it probably came with a starting clamp. It looks like a small set of flat pliers with three springs within the handles.

D Wilson
01-15-2007, 12:59 PM
Oohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh That is a starting clamp. Silly me. You mean the red handle with the shiny coils in the middle. Yeah that cam with my machine.

D Wilson
01-15-2007, 01:00 PM
came* spelling above.

D Wilson
01-15-2007, 01:03 PM
So when i use this starting clamp, (assuming I have setted it up already) do you put the discarded string into the place that tensions it. Because that would be two string sides. how do you fit two sides in there. What do you do???

PBODY99
01-15-2007, 02:14 PM
You insert the scrap string & the short piece into the clamp on exiting from different ends of the starter. If you can thread the short part into the outside hole, so much the better. Pull your tension, clamp & tie off.

f2fanatic
01-16-2007, 08:30 AM
I also noticed that when I string poly's (like luxillon) the string barely stretches when tensioned so I now cut 21 feet from the reels for the mains with polys. For other kind of strings, 20 is enough. Of course buying in packages is a little bit more annoying:(

D Wilson
01-16-2007, 09:13 AM
I see, but when you use the starting clamp do you tension two strings at once? Since I have an electronic how do you put two strings in the tensioner? When you use the discarded string, you will have two ends sticking out. Do you tension both?

jonolau
01-16-2007, 09:19 AM
Yes, you tension both at the same time.