PDA

View Full Version : Slippery Leather Grips

kenshireen
08-25-2004, 09:00 AM
I perspire from the joints in my fingers and once my leather grip
gets wet it is tough to serve. What are mt alternatives.. Somebody
suggested spraying anti-perspirant on my hands?
I am willing to try an overwrap but it must be very thin.
Or even a new type of non-slip grip
Any suggestions.

Thanks, ken

Power Game
08-25-2004, 09:09 AM
Try Gauze tape. It is extremely thin and tacky.

Hal
08-25-2004, 09:15 AM
I would switch to either Fairway or Volkl leather grips. Fairway is the best, but Volkl isn't too far behind. I've tried most other brands and none have the lasting tack that these two have.

kenshireen
08-25-2004, 10:57 AM
I would switch to either Fairway or Volkl leather grips. Fairway is the best, but Volkl isn't too far behind. I've tried most other brands and none have the lasting tack that these two have.

Hal, I have been using Fairway and am on my last grip. The company went out of business. Where do you get your Fairway Grips from... When I check the web they are being sold for $20 for seconds.

I would really appreciate any input. What do you do when the grip gets wet from sweat. I find it very hard to grasp even after you towel dry it.

Regards, Ken

Hal
08-25-2004, 11:44 AM
Ken,

I think currently the only available Fairway grips are the seconds. TW sells them for ~$20. That's one of the reasons why my racquets now have a Volkl grip. As for the sweat issue, I'd either try an over grip (like a Wilson Pro Overgrip) or use something like this Fusion <http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageAC-FUSION.html> product. I've used a rosin bag, like a baseball pitcher uses, too. That said, I'm lucky and my hands don't really sweat all that much.

spinbalz
08-25-2004, 12:16 PM
Use the same thing as Ivan Lendl.

Gaines Hillix
08-25-2004, 12:49 PM
Many people that like leather grips use a Unique Tournagrip over them because they are dry feeling and not particularly tacky, similar to the original grip.

Power Game
08-25-2004, 01:15 PM
Speaking of leather grips. does anyone know which kind is the lightest?

Hal
08-25-2004, 01:47 PM
I'll agree with Gaines comments and add that I don't like the spongey feeling of a synthetic grip, either.

armand
03-22-2007, 06:27 PM
~Bump~ Don't make me create a new thread

My leather grip is slippery because it's dry! My hands don't sweat and it seems ideal if there is some moisture between hand+leather. Only solution so far is to spit on grip every once in a whiles. But I'm getting thirsty.

fgs
03-22-2007, 06:35 PM
armand,
that's a point penalty! completely inadequate behaviour on a tennis court and a major offence.:D

bagung
03-22-2007, 06:38 PM
babolat and wilson leather is thinner than pacific.
thinnest overgrip is babolat vs grip.