PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Javelin

galain
02-20-2004, 03:43 AM
Anyone out there remember this? Anyone ever hit with one of these? I saw one being used in a window display in a clothing store today and it really took me back to the very first time I saw a young Swedish player called Stefan Edberg who was using one.

I asked the store manager if it was for sale. She's going to check with the owner and get back to me. Would love to know more about it - it's a very cool looking frame - kind of a skunked out version of a Le Coq Sportif!

Kirko
02-20-2004, 04:38 AM
Yes I remember it had like weird cross bar Edberg did use it as a jr. & earlt in his pro career.

JohnThomas1
07-18-2004, 11:07 PM
I remember exactly the same. Edberg used it very early on. It is VERY rare now from my findings.

Bhagi Katbamna
07-19-2004, 08:39 AM
I hit with it a few months back. 100% graphite frame, heavy. If you have a 2H BH, you are out of luck as the grip is only long enough for 1H BH. Felt like a heavier version of the Prestige Classic.

@wright
07-19-2004, 10:40 AM
Yeah, that racquet was meant to be thrown as a javelin when the player gets frustrated. That's why it was so wasted on Stefan Edberg. I hear they are coming out with a new series that updates the javelin. Wilson will be calling the new racquets the soccer ball, the baseball bat, and the throwing axe.

andirez
07-19-2004, 12:17 PM
Wilson will be calling the new racquets the soccer ball, the baseball bat, and the throwing axe.

Finally racquet names that do make sense!

proracketeer
04-18-2007, 06:14 AM
I hit with it a few months back. 100% graphite frame, heavy. If you have a 2H BH, you are out of luck as the grip is only long enough for 1H BH. Felt like a heavier version of the Prestige Classic.

How heavy is heavy?

proracketeer
04-23-2007, 01:02 AM

Chicago Or St.Vincent Or else ?

abenguyen
04-23-2007, 05:43 PM
whoa whoa, my uncle has one i think. did it say "Wilson Javelin 95" somewhere on the side? and it is mainly black with a little silver on the thraot. and the throat has a really small gap and is filled up in the middle? well if it is, that thing is heavy and hurt my elbow bad. but it was one BA stick

mraznman
02-24-2008, 06:09 PM
Anyone out there remember this? Anyone ever hit with one of these? I saw one being used in a window display in a clothing store today and it really took me back to the very first time I saw a young Swedish player called Stefan Edberg who was using one.

I asked the store manager if it was for sale. She's going to check with the owner and get back to me. Would love to know more about it - it's a very cool looking frame - kind of a skunked out version of a Le Coq Sportif!

i have one. but it's a largehead version. i think it's nice. but i dont really like it due to the pinging stress when u hit the ball.