PDA

View Full Version : How to expand the shoes?

blue03
01-21-2007, 09:26 PM
i bought a pair of nike, which is exactly of my size. but the fore shape is different, which i didnt notice when buying, thus i ended up playing with discomfort on my pinkie fingers (soon to become a blister). is there anyway to overcome this?
i put up a lot of papers every night inside the shoes, so that it could expand the fore space, but seems can be much of a help...any suggestions is highly appreciated..

Voltron
01-21-2007, 09:31 PM
Cut a hole in them.

J/K I think someone sells a press or something that widens the shoe, why don't you google it?

goober
01-21-2007, 09:41 PM
you can buy a shoe stretcher. I am not sure if you want to buy one for just one shoe since they cost around $40-60 (least the ones I have seen)

Or you can take them into a shoe repair store and have them do it. Some of them may do it for free.

heycal
01-21-2007, 11:35 PM
Or you can take them into a shoe repair store and have them do it. Some of them may do it for free.

I had this done for a pair of Reebok Netmaster's that were too small/tight for me in the front. The store charged me six dollars to stretch them, but I had to leave them there for a few days -- it was not something this store could or would do on the spot.

HyperHorse
01-22-2007, 01:51 AM
Orthotics? Thinner socks?
Maybe next time be more discerning in your choice of shoes?
Dont buy Nike?
Only try on shoes in the afternoon, when your feet expand....

scotus
01-22-2007, 02:01 AM
You can use shoe stretchers, and the trick is to put some rubbing alcohol on the inside of where you want it stretched. Alcohol on leather loosens it up and allows for easier stretching.

Next time though, you ought to buy wide-width (2E-4E) shoes.

blue03
01-22-2007, 03:32 PM
thanks for the replies guys. i never heard before that there is a shoe stretcher. now i know i don't have to waste more money to buy a new shoes. lol.
i'll send it to shoe repair store soon.