PDA

View Full Version : Best Shot You Have Ever Hit!!!

tennismike33
01-22-2007, 12:53 PM
While playing a local tennis hero I stumbled and tripped my way to net, only to find him winding up and blasting a shot right at me. The only thing I could do was stick the racket behind my back, hit a perfect drop volley for a winner, and start laughing.

What was your best of all time shots!!!!

JRstriker12
01-22-2007, 01:03 PM
In high school tennis, the opposing player hits it hard cross-court to my backhand. I made a running backhand to get it back cross court but fall and drop my racket.

The opposing player hits it down the line. I manage to pick-up my racket, sprint back across and hit a blazing running forehand for a winner. My best shot ever. I felt like Sampras.

Secnd best shot: We had crappy courts. I swear, the courts had bumps in them like there were tennis balls burried under the court. One time I served, the ball hit the bump and never bounced, but skidded across the court - ACE!! It was pretty funny.

Sagittar
01-22-2007, 01:10 PM
well there were two of them , one is very good and the other very very STRANGE : the first one was a massive overhead done when i was a little over 7 years that bounced on the court once and then out of the back fence of the court ( the fence is about 25 feet behind and 15 feet tall) this shot as trivial as it seem kept me motivated for the next few years ..

the other strange one that probably a lot of you won't believe came when i was stretching for a ball trying a defensive slice lob when suddenly the ball got very high and hit a passing pigeon flying over the court , everyone just stood there staring for at least 5 minutes when the poor bird dropped to the ground at once
you're free not to believe it but i swear to god that it happenned just like that ..

tennismike33
01-22-2007, 01:13 PM
well there were two of them , one is very good and the other very very STRANGE : the first one was a massive overhead done when i was a little over 7 years that bounced on the court once and then out of the back fence of the court ( the fence is about 25 feet behind and 15 feet tall) this shot as trivial as it seem kept me motivated for the next few years ..

the other strange one that probably a lot of you won't believe came when i was stretching for a ball trying a defensive slice lob when suddenly the ball got very high and hit a passing pigeon flying over the court , everyone just stood there staring for at least 5 minutes when the poor bird dropped to the ground at once
you're free not to believe it but i swear to god that it happenned just like that ..

Hitting a smash overhead out of the courts is always fun, hope you gave it a HUGE grunt when you smashed it down.

Sagittar
01-22-2007, 01:19 PM
Hitting a smash overhead out of the courts is always fun, hope you gave it a HUGE grunt when you smashed it down.
in fact i didn't, i just stood amazed the shot was way over my 7 year old playing level back then but i sure kept bragging about it for at least a year ..

cak
01-22-2007, 01:20 PM
A few weeks ago I was serving, tossed the ball and totally framed it. It landed just over the net, two feet into the service box and then bounced backward into the net. Umm, ace!

K. Wilson Moose
01-22-2007, 02:21 PM
This doesn't exactly qualify as the best shot I ever hit, but the most memorable. On match point in an ALTA doubles match, my partner and I were at net and our opponenents hit an almost perfect lob heading deep corner on my side. I turned, sprinted towards the fence, just got to the ball, and flipped a very high return lob over my head towards the other extreme corner. Our opponents are now at net, and one of their guys runs to retrieve. He thinks the ball is going long and watches as it lands mere inches inside the baseline and sideline, and then bounces over the fence. He had this really ****y look on his face, but...... Game, Set, Match.

Thomas15
01-22-2007, 03:22 PM
One of my best shots was when me and my doubles partner were in the semi-finals of a tournament, there was some confuse and me and my partner ended up on the same side after a long rally, him at net and me right behind him, and we were postitioned right beside one of the doubles ally. So naturally our opponents taking the opening hit the ball down the line on the opposite doubles ally, i ran for the ball then dove at it in the air i didnt think i would hit it so i threw my racket at the ball and by some luck my racket hit the ball and the ball went down the line (and i ended head first in the fence), it was almost a winner but our opponents just got some frame on the ball and we lost the point and the match, but that shot was the best thing hit during the whole tournament

AsgerHO
01-22-2007, 03:49 PM
I think the best shot, or more correctly the most memorable shot I have ever made, was about 6 months ago.
I was 3-1 up in the third set tiebreak, after losing the first set and won the second.
After a long rally, he came to the net, and I chipped it, but he managed to get it back to me, and tried once again, but totally missed it, and he should have hammered it away. Instead he didnīt hit it that well, making a sharp angle in my forehand side. I made a running forehand, and passed him to get 4-1 up - that was an awesome moment, with the spectators cheering!
I ended up loosing the tiebreak 8-6 :(

Another memorable thing was in a Team Competiton Match, when me and my doubles partner in that match, was 4-5 down in the second, after loosing the first 5-7. I managed to make a service winner, and after that 3 straight aces followed to win the game - that was quite nice as well

pNoyr3D
01-22-2007, 04:00 PM
My best shot happened about 2 weeks ago, amazing!!

The guy hit a great angled shot cross court I ran and dived, threw my racquet at the same time. The ball went slightly over the net cross court inside the bottom corner. It was amazing!! Worth the scrape on my knee I received. Haha.

tennismike33
01-22-2007, 04:05 PM
I turned, sprinted towards the fence, just got to the ball, and flipped a very high return lob over my head towards the other extreme corner.

I played when I was in Phoenix, AZ last June, at night and tracked down a ball and hit a lob. By the time it came down all 4 players needed a shave!!!

Voltron
01-22-2007, 04:07 PM
Mine happened last summer. I slid on clay into a forehand and ripped it down the line, I basically went into a splits and fell on my ***(yeah I know), my opponent somehow got it back weak to my backhand, I got up, sprinted for it and ripped a backhand crosscourt for a winner, then came the fist-pump of doom.

Haasquet
01-22-2007, 04:28 PM
I once hit a fluke off-the-netpost shot. My opponent was at net and hit a really sharp short volley to the right side of my court. He hit it pretty hard, so there was a decent bounce. When I got to it, I was way out wide, and all I could do was snap my racquet at the ball in a squash-type motion. The ball came back at the court, but hit the outside of the netpost, and went almost down the line on my opponent's side of the court. Whether or not you're allowed to hit off the outside of the post, I don't know (though I know you can hit around it), but I took the point anyway.

Forehand Forever
01-22-2007, 04:30 PM
Neither of these were in a tournament one was in a school match the other was practice. The school match (elementary school unfortunatley) I was undefeated and I had a very bad shoulder injury. Last match I had been serving underhand the whole match. The kid I was playing wasn't bad either. I was winning the match until his coach told him what to do on my serve. Then I think in the last game I ran up to the net, he tried to hit a shot past me but I dove out got back the shot and got back up to almost get his shot. I lost the point but I liked the fact that I dived.

In a lesson one time, we were practicing going to the net and getting lobs that went over our heads. I got the volley then I ran back to hit a perfect tweener. Only tweener I've hit in my 15 years on Earth.

McG
01-22-2007, 05:33 PM
Mine is also a tweener story...

I've been playing some high quality (4.0-4.5ish) doubles the past 5 months on Thursday and Saturday mornings. During that timeframe, I've attempted 5 'tweeners'. At least 4 of these attempts were out of necessity, as I submit to you that they were my only shot! The 5th attempt was admittedly a 'showboating' shot, as I probably could have run around it. All shots failed - sailing long.

We had 6 guys show up last Saturday, so I played a set of singles. I was having a great day and the ball was as big as a soccer ball. I was stuck at the baseline waiting for a shortball and finally hit a pretty hard topspin forehand down the line to his backhand side. He got to it and drove a pretty tight topspin backhand to my BH side at the net. I couldn't put the volley away, but managed to hit a pretty decent shot back to his forehand side. He ran it down and hit a beautiful lob over my head. Fortunately, it did not have much topspin on it, but I had noshot except a 'between the legs tweener' when I tried to run it down. I drove it beautifully down the line somehow, but he was waiting for me at the net. I was somewhat admiring my shot (!!) but managed to run back to the net to try to get to his short volley. Got to the ball in plenty of time, but too much adrenaline --- tried to pound a forehand cross-court, but over-hit it wide... I still was proud of the tweener !!!

fishuuuuu
01-22-2007, 06:37 PM
I served and tried transitioning into the net, but before I knew it had the return pounded right at my goods. I stuck my racquet between my legs and hit a flat volley winner from midcourt.

migjam
01-22-2007, 09:12 PM
Playing a tournament on clay as a junior. I came to the net, was lobbed turned and fell to the ground, got up and still had time to get to the ball and win the point.

Solat
01-22-2007, 10:02 PM
playing a doubles, on grass, i was the net player on the ad side and the ball was dropped just over on my partner's side, so i slid across to flick up a little backhand. I fell over as i lost traction on the grass and the ball popped over the net as i rolled to my back to see what had happened the opponent closed in and hit it straight toward me it bounced infront of me and as it crossed above me i swatted at it and hit a winner between the two guys

jaws on the floor!

max8176
01-22-2007, 10:49 PM
How can you guys remember all this? LOL

Voltron
01-22-2007, 10:51 PM
How can you guys remember all this? LOL

How can I remember what? No really, what?

max8176
01-22-2007, 10:58 PM
oh...remember this shots accurately....lol. I probably hit some amazing shot too but most often just forget about it.

Peter Szucs
01-23-2007, 12:04 AM
Doubles tournament. quarterfinal, opponents attacking the net we are defending the baseline, my partner hits a weak lob and the guy at the net smashes it in, the ball bounces at the service line and jumps fast over my head. I take the racquet up and hit an overhead smash from the rising ball, the ball flashes through between them bounces at their baseline and digs itself through the metal fence surrounding the court. best shot of my life.

Verbal_Kint
01-23-2007, 01:22 AM
All in non-competitive play: A backhand cross-court half-volley-passing from the baseline which had it's highest point just beyond my service line and then started dipping. Same shot, only not at the baseline, but at the back fence, it landed about 4 feet behind the net on the sideline. A guy hits a sort of moonball shot, I'm standing 6 feet behind the baseline and hit a reverse slice backhand dropshot (it spins to the right). Lands about two feet behind the baseline. Oh and every perfect volley and backhandsmash :).

chrisdaniel
01-23-2007, 03:17 AM
if anyone has seen the over the shoulder smash shot Agassi hit versus Corretja after a lob in the 95 us open...I have done the exact same shot,in tournament action... also,ive gotten pretty good at a few shots...when at net and you get me running back,if the ball is on my back hand side and I can barely get to it,ive learned how to switch the racquet to my left hand and hit a forhand passing shot...it creates a better angle while running back than a backhand would...ive hit many winners off this shot...

also,I have a good two handed backhand,its my best shot...But...when on the extreme run...my two hander becomes a one hander,and Im not talking about a defensive slice...im talking about a rolling topspin or a flat shot..Ive learned that a double hander is great when in control and slightly running, but to smack shots on the EXTREME run it becomes tougher,this is where a one hander becomes dangerous..so I decided to take the best of both worlds.and Ive hit some great shots with it already...

migjam
01-23-2007, 06:04 AM
A tweener for a winner is also shot that I have done.

BDAZ
01-23-2007, 06:17 AM
i have to agree with some. the first time you actually hit a tweener for a winner is unbelievable. that makes you feel like a pro.

tennismike33
01-23-2007, 02:57 PM
Playing a tournament on clay as a junior. I came to the net, was lobbed turned and fell to the ground, got up and still had time to get to the ball and win the point.

Glad you didn't tell them about the BH up the line for a clean passing shot!!!!

migjam
01-24-2007, 07:11 AM
Glad you didn't tell them about the BH up the line for a clean passing shot!!!!

That's right. Now that you mentioned it, that was a sweet shot wasn't it.

tennismike33
01-24-2007, 11:19 AM
That's right. Now that you mentioned it, that was a sweet shot wasn't it.

Yes, the shot was special, but it was the hustle that surprised me!!!

StealthGnome
01-24-2007, 07:58 PM
Having a friendly rally with my friend.
Pop - The ball hits the net tape.
Pop - Bounces on top of the net.
Pop, Again? - This time the ball stays on the net for a split second.
Thud, thud, thud - The ball falls on MY side!

ARG! Best shot ever (For my friend).

heycal
02-01-2007, 05:44 PM
I'm 43, and I'm playing a 13 year old kid in a battle to the death, and I'm trailing 7-8 in a 10 point match tie-breaker, and the little pecker hits a great drop shot. If he gets this point, I'm pretty much sunk. So I race toward the net and dive through the air and flick a backhand winner past the kid as I come crashing down on the court and the har-tru tears open the skin on my knee and becomes embedded in it. Won the match, and am still trying to scrape the har-tru out of my skin six months later...

jamn73
02-01-2007, 06:17 PM
first of all, what's a tweener?

second of all, my shot is - some dude hit a shot that was buggywhipped severly to my forehand side, i was almost in the court next to us - so close the guys stopped play- then i faked or looked like i was going to go around the next post but buggy whipped right back at him to his forehand side. the guys in the next court congratulated me.

i had two shots like this one in a league playoff match, the opposing team drew me way off the court to my backhand side, i side sliced them both around the net post (up over) into the double's alley.

heycal
02-01-2007, 06:22 PM
first of all, what's a tweener?

1. A racket meant for an intermediate player.

2. A child between the ages of approximately 9-12.

I own one of each.

brayman9
02-01-2007, 06:32 PM
best shot i ever hit was on a clay court and i hit a federer impossible passing shot angle.

I playde a baseline point and then my openent hit a hard shot down the line and i lobbed him. He hit a little miss hit shot but pretty hard overhead. While running off the court over the doubles ally to the fence i flicked an impossible cross court angle that i thought was going into the net.

Ronnie92
02-01-2007, 07:54 PM
i hit a backhand with topspin!!! it bounced high and it was crazy!!!

eunjam
02-01-2007, 08:50 PM
1. A racket meant for an intermediate player.

2. A child between the ages of approximately 9-12.

I own one of each.

i think the 'tweener' was referencing a 'tween the leg shot when recovering from a lob that has passed you.

and my best shot was an around the pole winner in a tourney when i was a kid.

Freedom
02-01-2007, 09:07 PM
Back when I hit a two-handed backhand: my favorite shot was hitting the down-the-line passing shot. I could hammer those out with my eyes closed. Beauty.

johnkidd
02-01-2007, 10:20 PM
I have two. One when I was back in high school I hit a drop shot with so much backspin it spun back over the net untouched. Second in an interclub match, went back to retrive a lob, hit the over the shoulder overhead. The ball started in this big wide arch, traveled way outside the sideline, passed the guys at the net, then spun inside the singles line. I've hit similar shots before but never that extreme.
Best shot I currently remember being hit against me., At 4.5 USTA playoffs last summer, I get lobbed, I was able to get back in enough time to hit a pretty decent overhead from the baseline, one of our opponents is able to pick the ball off in midair for a drop volley winner.

Swinging Simian
02-01-2007, 10:53 PM
Yesterday, Got wrong footed but managed to change my direction quickly enough to swat (bh) at the ball. The ball looked like it might go wide but it arched back into the corner of the service box then bounced away from my opponent who managed to get there. May not have been a winner, but it won me the point due to a clumsy return that clipped the tape.

heycal
02-01-2007, 11:05 PM
Yesterday, Got wrong footed but managed to change my direction quickly enough to swat (bh) at the ball. The ball looked like it might go wide but it arched back into the corner of the service box then bounced away from my opponent who managed to get there. May not have been a winner, but it won me the point due to a clumsy return that clipped the tape.

Let me get this straight: The "best shot you have ever hit" was a backhand swat at the ball -- yesterday as it happens -- that only won you the point because of your opponent's UE? This is the most interesting story you got??

Heavy Metal Tennis Star
02-04-2007, 02:24 PM
a flat 1st serve, im not gonna brag and say "whoa i almsot hit it 130", but when bystanders and tennis players who were just sitting at the stands saw it, they stopped, and one of the coaches there said it was more than 110.

thejackal
02-04-2007, 02:58 PM
ive hit a forehand topspin lob that bounced on the baseline and over a 10ft fence. i cant think of anything better right now - not a big fan of tweeners

nprosurgeace
03-30-2007, 04:43 AM
well not actualy my shot lol but anyway was plying a club champs match aagainst my mate and it was a tiebraker. We had a really long rally and i evenually drop shotted him- not to bad a drop shot- he goto it easily and played a weak backhand slice. I dnd a hug forehandlob with plenty of topspin into his backhand corner. We were playing on the courtnext to the fence so i presumed my shot would go into the fence but somehow he chased the ball and hit i though his legs, hitting e top art of the net and just rolling over, with em jus standing htere atthe net watching. I was never so pi***ed of in my life bt th sotwas amazing. Funny thing was i played hima few weeks later he pulld off the same shot again , but this tie i wasrepared an hit an easy winner lol

Caswell
03-30-2007, 05:58 AM
I *love* aces down the middle of the court when serving from the ad side. I can crank them up into the 110-120 territory on a good night, and I just feel like a gunslinger when I hit that shot.

I've hit a lot of reflex volleys and on the run winners that were probably more impressive, but they just don't feel as good as those aces.

The Grand Slam
03-30-2007, 06:47 AM
In response to some people who threw their racquet at the ball and supposedly 'hit a winner' or 'almost hit a winner', you did not. The shot does not qualify as legal unless the ball comes off the racquet while it is in your hands.

cak
03-30-2007, 07:29 AM
As a righty, on a dead run, I hit a left handed forehand down the line for a winner.

skiracer55
03-30-2007, 08:24 AM
...against Stan Smith in a clinic...this is no jive...

Clive Walker
03-30-2007, 08:47 AM
A Sliced forehand down the line from the deuce court in a doubles match.

it was a return off a big swinging serve out wide. -Knowing that I couldn't get much on it to put it back accross court I gave it a whack DTL, it was out of court virtually until th emoment it bounced on the sideline a foot from the baseline. -It got a round of applause from the next court and a hands on hips shake of the head from the server. -Great fun.

boreas
03-30-2007, 12:55 PM
1st: High school doubles, my partner and I got pushed back to the baseline and were defending when my partner threw up a (weak) lob, which the opponents tried to slam over the fence. Well the guy hit it my direction so I reflexively threw my racquet up, hoping to get a piece of it, but by pure luck, snapped my wrist early and ended up hitting an overhead winner from 8 feet behind the baseline.

2nd: Doubles tournament, match point us, the guy absolutely drills a serve at me, I try to move out of the way and hit my 2 handed backhand up for a defensive lob, and end up hitting a nice topspin lob that lands on the baseline for the match.

3rd: Low level (read: bottom of lineup) college singles match. Hit a nice low slice approach shot and 1 crisp volley that he gets to and throws a deep lob up, so I get underneath it and just hit a half speed overhead deep to his backhand which he runs down and hits the shortest, heaviest slice lob I have ever seen. As I am waiting to crush a winner, I decide to get cute, so when the ball bounces on my side, I just stand there watching it bounce back up and over the net to his side. As the ball is coming down on his side I reach over the net and tap it toward myself into the net.

Swissv2
03-30-2007, 01:12 PM
http://www.tennis-scheduler.com/images/tcourt1.jpg

I was on the baseline, when my partner (in doubles) hit to the fellow and he sliced the ball. Recognizing the sliced ball, I ran all the way up from the baseline and hit it in an extreme cross court for a winner. I caught the ball only 5-10 inches from the ground, and it was spinning back towards the net (was 1 foot from the net)

vllockhart
03-30-2007, 01:45 PM
I just hit the court again after a year's layoff from an injury. Monday was the first time I've played full out since then, with my new team. I was playing a singles set with a very good player. She was creaming me and I was down 0-40 on my serve. At 0-40, I ran around my backhand and hit a screaming forehand winner down the line, a la James Blake.

At 15-40 she had me out wide on the forehand side, I put up a weak shot and she rushed the net and hit into the open court. I barely got to the ball before the second bounce and hit a crosscourt slice passing shot that landed right on the sideline out of her reach.

At 30-40 she pulled me out wide again I hit a screaming forehand crosscourt winner. The game ended up going to 3 dueces. I won't ruin the story by mentioning who eventually won the game. ;)

Before that, last year, I was playing my then boyfriend. We were in a tie break. He was putting the hammer down being agressive, hitting hard and charging the net to get to match point. (we were at 5-5). He charges the net, hitting wide to my backhand, my weak side, and I hit a running left handed forehand passing shot winner to give myself set point. Of course, he was so nonplussed that I won the next point too!! THAT WAS PRICELESS!

35ft6
03-30-2007, 03:00 PM
The one that immediately comes to mind, and it probably wasn't the best shot I ever hit, but considering the time and place it was super memorable...

It was a simple down the line forehand winner. But I struck it so perfectly, the power totally surprised me and the people watching. People actually gasped. It was sweet. It was my junior year of high school.

Pro Staff Pete
03-30-2007, 05:08 PM
Not me (I'm the one filming) but a good friend of mine (after some beers, yes):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wXpfB1TOZZg

Should resize the video to see it more clearly (bottom right, left icon).

zAllianceBmx
03-30-2007, 05:49 PM
this shot was more of an accident where my racquet was at the right place at the right time.

i was playing doubles and i was up at net... my partner was out of position and sent a short floater.. the other team set up for an overhead and i started to move backwards recognizing i was being aimed at so i turned my back and kept my racquet head open on the left side of my body... he slammed it, the ball hit my strings directly and ended up going down the line in the doubles alley right passed him. so my back was facing the net. i wasnt even watching and hit a winner off his overhead.

Mark Vessels
03-30-2007, 06:41 PM

Seems trivial to me...;)

9000tennis
03-31-2007, 02:22 PM
I made a hotdog winner once.
Also, I have made some return winners against a serve around 220 km/h. It's not that spectacular, but it just feels sooooooo good:p

I've made 3 aces in a row once. Anyone ever made 4 in a row? And playing your 5 year old little sister does not count.

joeyscl
03-31-2007, 02:38 PM
When i framed a backhand shot while my friend was on his deuce side of the court. The ball was heading 45 degrees "northwest" when it left my racquet, it was heading out, went 2 feet "off" the court while still in the air as it approached the net, and curved back in at 45 degrees NorthEAST. Kinda was like "snaking around the post".

A.Davidson
03-31-2007, 04:49 PM
Once, while playing doubles with three of my friends, I hit an amazing winner. I'm a lefty, was playing back (in the Up/Back Formation) and hit a shot with amazing topspin. The ball shot forward, coming within about a half-foot of my partners head, and dropped immediately after going over the net, hitting their doubles court about an inch from the line and no more than a half-foot from the net. It just felt amazing.

Heavy Metal Tennis Star
04-01-2007, 02:44 PM
today, hit my 1st between the legs tweener winner.

9000tennis
04-02-2007, 07:44 AM
today, hit my 1st between the legs tweener winner.
Congratulations:D
That's a very nice shot to make. One can only wish that it was recorded.

spiderman123
04-02-2007, 07:47 AM
http://www.tennis-scheduler.com/images/tcourt1.jpg

I was on the baseline, when my partner (in doubles) hit to the fellow and he sliced the ball. Recognizing the sliced ball, I ran all the way up from the baseline and hit it in an extreme cross court for a winner. I caught the ball only 5-10 inches from the ground, and it was spinning back towards the net (was 1 foot from the net)

I saw something similar to this yesterday when I was watching Davis cup highlights. It was France Vs Croatia. The guy who hit the extreme cross-court as you did was Ljubicic but the German on the other side managed to reach to the ball after it crossed the pole and hit it for a winner between the chair and the net pole at half the height of the net. Ancic (Ljubo's partner) could not do much against such a "groundstroke". It was pretty cool.

And to keep it on-topic, my most recent felt-great shot was last weekend when I was fighting in the first set tiebreak and returned my opponents powerful overhead that confused my opponent who did a UE (I won the tie-break just based on the confidence boost). Yes, this is the most interesting and most recent story I have got. The guy who complained about something similar should not read this if it is painful :)

spiderman123
04-02-2007, 07:50 AM
In response to some people who threw their racquet at the ball and supposedly 'hit a winner' or 'almost hit a winner', you did not. The shot does not qualify as legal unless the ball comes off the racquet while it is in your hands.

They may not mean it literally but just meant that "threw everything but the kitchen sink at it" kind of "threw".

KFed
04-06-2007, 09:18 PM
hit a slice over the net, and it came back over

gdsballer
04-11-2007, 06:52 AM
Last season in high school states I hit one between the legs for a winner that completely stunned the guy. We won't mention i lost in straight sets...also i hit an over the shoulder shot like agassi in the 95 us open for a winner earlier this year

guynamedsean
04-11-2007, 08:15 PM
A friend of mine has a really big serve. I always hit my most amazing shots returning his gigantic serves. I have gotten real good at reading his serve, if I watch him intensely while he is bouncing the ball and read his toss and swing.

It feels good to hit a clean winner when he hits his best serve of the day.

go_nadal
04-12-2007, 04:20 AM
I have two.... The other weekend at a tournament me and my friend were playin doubles and we were up 8 5 in a first to 9 and it got to 8 all so it was a tiebreaker...
We were sruggling by that stage... Lost the first point then my serve, two aces, 2 1 to us, then it ended up 5 4 to them by the next time i had to serve... and, another two aces by me! pretty damn happy so 6-5 to us, match point. Im returning on the ad court and i get a serve down the t. (ps im a leftie) and i slice my back hand a few meters over the net down the line for a winner past the net player who was only about 30 cm away from it but coudlnt believe it came over... haha

Next, i was playing this tournament and i was into the final.
It was pretty close about 3 all or somthin... and an important point we had a really long rally... I ended up doin a very poor drop shot i think it was and he was at the net... I hit a backhand down his line then he hit a very deep volley cross court ... I was pretty much in the fence by now and i jus thought wat the hell and hit my forehand as hard as i possibly could cross court and flat as a tac it screams across the net and lands jus before the service line for a clean winner... He cant believe it neither can i... I win the match cuz of it haha..

bm3
04-19-2007, 01:10 PM
last sunday, a heavy topspin 1HBH lob that bounced on the baseline and never came back, just as I imagined before hitting it

some 20yrs ago, playing double against a team that was seemingly better (but still managed to beat them) I ran to retrieve an almost impossible ball only to make it and see that the opponent at the net had "assumed " I was not going to return it, thus winning the point :)

User Name
04-19-2007, 01:31 PM
GREATEST SHOT EVER!

I was playing doubles. I was at the net and my partner was serving to the ad court. The guy returning was a hard hitter. He hit one right at me and I didn't quite have time to hit it, so I tried to turn away from it. When I turned, the ball hit the butt off my racquet and went in for a perfect drop shot winner. It was pretty cool.

YonexDude
04-20-2007, 12:10 PM
after getting creamed 0-6 by a guy, we just started hitting around. i was still mad, so every rally eventually turned into a competitive point. both of us were hitting the crap out of the ball, and i just went for it and hit a beautiful down the line winner with my 1-handed backhand on a short shot. i've never hit a backhand as hard as i did then. everyone around was watching and said "nice shot!" too bad it didn't count for anything

mrHan
04-20-2007, 12:19 PM
My best unintentional shot was hitting a lob and then falling face first on the ground holding onto my racquet. My opponent hit the overhead onto the frame of my racquet which bounced back over the net for a passing shot winner.

Gugafan_Redux
04-20-2007, 12:58 PM
Have I really not contributed to this thread yet?

Well, here's one memorable shot. This past winter I was momentarily possesed by the soul of none other than Rafael Nadal. His soul travelled all the way from Majorca, across the Atlantic Ocean, another thousand Miles inland, to Minnesota, then into the Minneapolis suburbs, then into the club where I was playing, where it entered my body enabling me to play a shot that I had never played before, have no memory of intending to play, and will likely never play again.

I was playing this guy from St. Paul for the first time. It just so happens that he was a complete dooshbag. He thought he was something special, and complained early in the match about my pace of play, which believe me was well within USTA time limits between points. He didn't care for it though. He thought I shoud play hurried like him. This added to the sweetness of the shot.

Here it is. Now, I play with a one-handed backhand, and I tend to hug the baseline, preferring to take a ball early on the rise rather than getting driven back on the defensive. I can defend with slice and occassionally, once out of a thousand shots I will put two hands on the BH, usually to block a hard flat ball on my shoelaces if I have no time to prepare. Well, this guy was a pretty big hitter, and he had me pinned well behind the baseline, scrambling from side to side, corner to corner, defending, when out of nowhere on the stone cold run, I got to a forehand he came in on, which he had drilled flat into my backhand corner, and I -- guided by the spirit of Rafael Nadal, which had just entered my body, having travelled from Majorca, Spain -- put two hands on the grip and lurched over like a monkey (and I think I said "Hee Haw!") and threw up a perfect crosscourt topspin lob, just high enough to get over him with no chance, and low enough not to hit the ceiling. I mean it was pristine. I couldn't believe it anymore than my dooshbag opponent who thought I played too slow.

Then Rafa's soul left my body and I played unspectacularly for the rest of the match.

! ! ! ! ronakp10
05-07-2007, 09:59 PM
1) I mis-hit and ball goes flying in the air. My opponent runs to the bet to smash it and the ball is going straight at me. I have no choice but to block my head and the ball hit my racket and the strings hit against my face... The ball then hits my opponent in his sensitive area while hes coming down on his jump and he drops to the ground. He couldn't get up so he just defaulted. :)

2) Me and my friend are having an intense rally and we just keep powering the balls as hard as we could. We're both at the baseline. He hits it down the line and I respond with a crosscourt. He gets it and I smash it with a forehand. It hits the net, goes up maybe 8 in., hits the net again and rolls into the front corner away from my opponent. We both just stare at each other and laugh...

3) This guy with an amazing serve hits one right into the corner. I barely get it (and i fall) and even then the ball just flies up in the air where you can't even see it (at least 100-150 ft in the air) looks like its going in (surprisingly) and hes sitting at the net ready to smash it while I'm just laying on the ground. He looks up and is completely blinded by the sun and completely misses the ball and bounces on his head. :)

4) Hit an underhand slice serve (spoon serve) with a little height and it barely grazes over the net and jumps backwards. ACE IN UR FACE!

KirkRussell
05-08-2007, 08:23 PM
Between the leg shot for a winner....I was all of 14 - not bad.

Doubles match....player smashed the ball at me and I hit it back between my legs...too bad we1 lost the point.

Doubles match....i ran to cover my partner as he was at net and opposing teams player hit the shot to my side. I was already in motion to my partners side, I swung behind my back (im right handed) to hit the ball back. Lost the point...

And then there was this one time at band camp.....