PDA

View Full Version : Kirschbaum Touch Turbo advice needed...

Benjamin
02-20-2004, 03:45 AM
As I said in a previous post, I've pulled my Yonex SRQ Ti-700 long out of the closet. I've also decided to use some Kirschbaum Touch Turbo 17g string in it. I used this string once and for some reason didn't like it (think I had it strung too loose in my POG mid) so I went to Luxilon Big Banger ALU Power 16L. So I figure, use some string I have, that I probably won't use, in a racquet I may not use more than one night.

Is the Touch Turbo a pretty soft string for a polyester?

I used my other SRQ Ti-700 long the other night (I believe it has the Gosen Poly string in it) and felt a little tenderness in my elbow, so I'm looking to go a little softer without going away from polyester.

My racquet states that the tension range on the Ti-700 is 50 to 60 pounds but I believe when I bought it I remember the actual suggested tension for a 4 5/8" grip was 55 to 65.

Any suggestions on what tension I should try first?

Thanks for your help.

Benjamin

Gaines Hillix
02-20-2004, 04:59 AM
TT is a soft poly and feels very springy to me. The tension range on this frame according to the USRSA database is 45-65 lbs. depending on frame weight. The tension range is supposed to be marked on the inside of the throat. I would sting the TT on the upper end of the range.

robkat
02-20-2004, 05:27 AM
I have Two Frames (topspin CL628s) one strung with ALU power and the other with turbo touch, both at 50lbs. the turbo touch is much softer and plays softer.. it plays like a syn gut (multi) string. I could of easliy strung at a higher tension using TT without feeling the "stiffness" of a poly string

Rabbit
02-20-2004, 05:32 AM
I agree. I tried TT a couple of times and found it to be very close to Luxilon's ALU. It could be strung toward the higher end of the tension range without and adverse effects. It plays firmer than Kirschbuam Honey and Spiky, which is a good thing IMO. I liked it, just not as much as my regular string.

Benjamin
02-20-2004, 06:03 AM
Thanks for your help and advice.

I typcially string my POG mid (93) at 57 with the Luxilon.

I typically string my POG over (107) at 65 with the Super Smash Honey.

So I'll give 61 pounds on the mains and 58 pounds on the crosses in the SRQ Ti-700 (98).

If nothing else, it will give me a good starting point and will let me know if I'm going be able to play with this racquet without elbow pain.

Thanks again for your help.

Benjamin

borisboris
02-20-2004, 09:29 AM
:lol: I use TT @ 55 -My arm would fall apart using the Honey at 60. I switched about 5 months ago and love the TT - for it is softer on the arm/elbow and the control is better.

JAYDOG THE RDX ATHLETE
02-20-2004, 10:20 AM
When I first used touch turbo, I didn't like it. Its kinda pingy at first but as you play with it more and more, you'll start to like it alot. It is a good string. Although I don't use it anymore.