PDA

View Full Version : usta eligibility

Thetaspica
01-26-2007, 12:51 PM
I play on a adult USTA team. Another team in the league has postponed several of its matches because they could not field enough players. Now we are finally going to play the make up match and they have added several new players. Does anyone know if the added players are eligible to play this make up match?
I believe that a team should not enter a league unless they have a large enough roster to cover when someone can't make it.
Yes, I want to play tennis. I just don't want to get dumped on.

migjam
01-26-2007, 12:55 PM
I know the last time I played USTA league tennis that players were being added during the season.

tennis-n-sc
01-26-2007, 02:54 PM
I play on a adult USTA team. Another team in the league has postponed several of its matches because they could not field enough players. Now we are finally going to play the make up match and they have added several new players. Does anyone know if the added players are eligible to play this make up match?
I believe that a team should not enter a league unless they have a large enough roster to cover when someone can't make it.
Yes, I want to play tennis. I just don't want to get dumped on.

Depends on your state and local rules. In my district, we can add new players up to the last scheduled match. However, if a team does not have enough players on the roster when schedules are made out at the beginning of the season, the team is not allowed to play.

tennis-n-sc
01-26-2007, 02:55 PM
In addition, not having enough players is never a reason to postpone a scheduled match. You simply forfeit those lines and the match goes on.

ironicqueery
01-26-2007, 07:12 PM
in my league in texas, you can only add players up until the night before your first game. After your first game, no more new players.

cak
01-26-2007, 07:43 PM
In our league you can add players up to the last match of the season, however, unless they played in two matches during the season, that player is ineligible for playoffs.

Topaz
01-27-2007, 07:01 AM
In my district, you can add players for most of the season, but there is no postponing of matches (except for rain in the case of outdoor matches). If the team doesn't have enough players, they must default the match.