PDA

View Full Version : tennis elbow

FEDEX1
01-26-2007, 03:30 PM
hi. I just got a new racquet (aeropro drive) for christmas and since then i've been having elbow problems. But also since christmas i've been lifting some weight. My question is what will heal my pain? If you could also tell me which one is the problem (the racquet or lifting weights).

heycal
01-26-2007, 04:00 PM
hi. I just got a new racquet (aeropro drive) for christmas and since then i've been having elbow problems. But also since christmas i've been lifting some weight. My question is what will heal my pain? If you could also tell me which one is the problem (the racquet or lifting weights).

Could be either. Trying either laying off the weights or switching to a different racket to try and isolate the problem.

The only thing that may heal the pain is taking some time off from playing tennis. (You could also try softer strings at a lower tension.) If the problem persists, try and see a sports medicine doctor.

thejackal
01-26-2007, 04:22 PM
use your other hand when u use the mouse. trust me on this.

LarougeNY
01-26-2007, 04:23 PM
fedex, i had the same problem 2 years ago when i bought my PD+. I think that its either:
1. Making bad contact, not on the sweetspot, which can cause TE b/c its a very stiff racket
2. Not strong enough-lift weights, my te seemingly went away after i started working out
3. It could be that youre not used to the weight (highly unlikely)
4. A combination of the above.
5. The racket might just be too stiff for you, certain people have different sensitivities to these sorts of things.
good luck.

goblake14
01-26-2007, 04:56 PM
To the OP, what string are you using? In a stifffie like the APD, poly's generally aren't going to make the feel any softer. Perhaps switching to a soft multi such as NXT or biphase or gut if you can spring for it could help your troubles. Also consider lowering your tension.

Racquethead
01-26-2007, 04:57 PM
Whether u r grip'n the weight bar or the racquet handle the damage is done so whatever you r do'n that aggravates it you'd be better lay'n off til it heals * Ice'n it 10 to 15 mins several Xs a day AND massage with lotion to breakup the scare tissue from form'n will help. Check the racquet technology for arm friendly properties, if the strings are other than multifiliments or real gut that will add to the problem

FEDEX1
01-27-2007, 05:51 PM
i use poly string. more specifcally signum poly pro 17L i beleive. I have a pretty big western grip and use a lot of top spin. I stopped lifting weights for a little less then a week now but so far its hasnt really helped.

goblake14
01-27-2007, 07:54 PM
Drop the poly for a multi and see what it does. This could be the issue.

Forehand Forever
02-03-2007, 05:13 PM
Try to lay off the weights. Last night I was lifting a little bit doing stuff for my shoulder and my shoulder felt fine today when I was serving but my elbow felt a little weird.

Silentgunz
02-06-2007, 07:29 PM
im having the exact same problem as you, i got a APD and i lift weights and my elbow and arm has been hurting bad, ionno which one it is either... its kinda of a off and on pain... still cant figure it out.. i stopped lifting and it still hurts, maybe the racquet, but ive used this racquet for a while but it never hurt this bad before..

FEDEX1
02-07-2007, 10:15 AM
ya i stopped lifting weights probably 3 weeks ago and i think my pain is finnally going away.