PDA

View Full Version : Anyone worn the Adidas Tirand II's?

VikingSamurai
01-27-2007, 09:11 PM
Just curious.. I bought a set of these shoes as I kinda like the look of them.. Was trying to chose between the Barricade IV's, but they are just way too busy for my tastes.. I like the cleanness of the Tirand II's.. I got the White/ Indigo ones, and I am thinking of getting a pair of the White/ Navy ones that we have here in Japan..

Has anyone had a pair of these, and what are they like.. I mainly chose them because of the look, and that they are light!..

jc_rex
01-27-2007, 09:54 PM
I have a pair too... I'm about to throw them away, hehe... they're a year old anyway...
they're really comfortable... grips the ground fairly well, only for the first three months though... after that the outsoles are starting to wear out, i'm leaving 5-ft marks on the ground whenever i slide... i play everyday... it had a 1 sqaure cm hole in the medial side of the left shoe after four months of using it (i always tend to slide with an everted left ankle whenever i try to stop myself from running towards one side of the court)... this shoe doesn't have protection for that... what i like about them is that they have excellent medial arch support and lateral support... good shoes for the price, not very durable though...

equinox
01-28-2007, 02:05 AM
I've been wearing in these shoes for the last 5 days. I'll have my first play in them on friday.

They're quite light and were a bit tight fitting in the beginning. They're now starting to feel really good.

xtremerunnerars
01-28-2007, 02:15 AM
I would like to know how they compare to the barricades and feathers in several categories.

Some kid i hit with yesterday played with them, but I didn't bother to ask. Should have!

Richie Rich
01-28-2007, 04:15 AM
the tirand 2 are decent shoes but there are better shoes for the price (in the liquidation section).

mine lasted 2 months. they were decent but you get what you pay for. the cushioning wasn't that great and broke down pretty fast and the outsole wore out fairly quickly too. i also found the traction poor and i slid in the shoes more than normal.

the tirand II would make a good shoe for casual doubles or something like that. or for someone who isn't hard on their shoes.

VikingSamurai
01-28-2007, 05:12 AM
Well, they are cheap now, because they are an old model. So I dont think price has anything to do with quality.. I will probably get the Barricade's, but in the grey and white.. The black and white looks too busy.. Wish I had a job at adidas designing shoes.. From what I can tell, drinking on the job is fine...