PDA

View Full Version : Barricades vs Babolat

thursdayisgod
01-28-2007, 01:35 PM
I play with Babs, and have a Bab bag, so for synergies' sake I'd like to get their shoes too, I think it can be kind of intimidating. However, I shouldn't let that dillute my decision. Can I get a comparison on these three shoes:

Barricade 2s (any of the 3, no preferences thus far)
Barricade 4s
Babolat All Court (any of them, no preferences thus far)

I am hella broke right now so price is kind of a concern. I understand a lot of people say 4s are worth the extra 20$, but most tennis plays are extremely wealthy. I do have the money to pay for 4s if they are extremely durable and feels like walking on clouds around the court.

I have flat feet, low larches, somewhat wide. I'll be playing on majority hard courts and some clay courts (I'll probably wear different shoes anyway). The courts in Iowa college seem to be more rubbery and faster pace then other courts I've hit on. They're almost like playing on Indoor Hardcourts, but not as bad, so traction is a big deal. Due to my lack of income durability is a very large concern. Comfort is no real issue, I can deal with lack of cusioning in favor of traction and durability.

Also, if anyone has any of these for sale I wear 10.5-11 LMK.

Voltron
01-28-2007, 01:38 PM
Babolats shoes are terrible on clay and only decent on hard. They are good for sprinting, but not for a long drawn out point. I would buy the Adidas shoes.

thursdayisgod
01-28-2007, 09:35 PM
What about the Nike Breath Max or Breath Free whatever they are called. To my understaning their durability is pathetic, so naturally I wouldn't expect much traction either.

Is there any real differences between Barricade IIs?

raven5288
01-28-2007, 09:51 PM
the breathe free IIs are very durable and have great traction. One of the best shoes you can get right now. I know lots of people including me love them

nn
01-28-2007, 09:59 PM
the breathe free IIs are very durable and have great traction. One of the best shoes you can get right now. I know lots of people including me love them

Also comes with six months return policy

SoBad
01-28-2007, 10:16 PM
You should get BIV because you'll get two for one within six months according to outsole guarantee. It's comfortable and cool-looking shoe too. I just switched from Babs to black BIV's.

fabulousfab
01-29-2007, 01:56 AM
hi!
I suggest you buy the new team Al Court 3s that should be available in february. They are much more comfortable than the current Team All Courts and they are as durable (new 6 months warrantee).

Pr0DiGy
01-29-2007, 05:27 AM
Just so you know (and if I'm wrong on this, sorry):

Rubber outsoles are made with a certain level of softness and flexibility. The softer and more flexible, the more traction you get, but the less durable. The harder and stiffer the outsole, the less traction you get, but the more durable. If that didn't make sense, then just know in most cases,shoes with better traction are less durable. I read that somewhere on TW or TT.

thursdayisgod
01-30-2007, 06:14 PM
Warrenties don't apply, I buy on ****. Thanks for the advice though guys.

TheSnowMan
01-30-2007, 07:54 PM
Warrenties don't apply, I buy on ****. Thanks for the advice though guys.

Are you serious? You are willing to save a little moolah to wear used shoes?? (or are you buying new shoes...)

shwwa
02-04-2007, 07:21 AM
In my opinion the babolat all courts rival only the barricade 2 as the best shoe out there. And whoever said they arent good on clay...They make a clay version as well and its extremely hard to find but its called the babolat team omni