PDA

View Full Version : Do bandanas wearers look like posers to you?

grimmbomb21
01-29-2007, 05:15 PM
I was thinking of buying one of the Nike bandanas. Not many people wear them were I play, and I don't want people to think I am trying to be Federer or Nadal. However, I do like the way they look. And I think they are better at removing sweat then a headband. Anyway, your thoughts please...:D

Borat
01-29-2007, 05:17 PM
Not really. I mean, I think ppl with short hair do. If you have long enough hair to need one, then it is okay.

dacrymn
01-29-2007, 05:19 PM
Yes, you'll absolutely look like a poser. "Hey look! there's that guy with a bandanna on his head! He's trying to be Federer! There can't POSSIBLY be ANY other reason for wearing one!" *same person* "HAHA. That's guy's holding a tennis racket! he must be trying to be James Blake!"

Really, don't care about what other people think. Just don't blatantly act like they do, like leave some tufts of hair sticking out so you can brush it behind your ears every point.
________
headshop (http://headshop.net/)

wildmoose31
01-29-2007, 05:26 PM
I wear them since it helps with long hair, I just dont think Id wear the latest federer outfit with it, while I do have the control polo/shorts, and vapor IVs, Id say if I decided to wear them all at once, Id say that would qualify as a poser

and I just got a k factor too to upgrade my n90s :(

grimmbomb21
01-29-2007, 05:54 PM
I wear them since it helps with long hair, I just dont think Id wear the latest federer outfit with it, while I do have the control polo/shorts, and vapor IVs, Id say if I decided to wear them all at once, Id say that would qualify as a poser

...You freakin poser.:mad:

j/k

You do have the whole setup though. Just find a Mirka look-a-like to watch you play.

cys19
01-29-2007, 05:56 PM
Why not wear a Japanese style bandana? People with short hair wear them.

grimmbomb21
01-29-2007, 06:30 PM
Why not wear a Japanese style bandana? People with short hair wear them.

What do they look like?

Oh, and my hair is long enough to hang in my face when I play. So I wouldn't really say it's short.

Hewitt rulez
01-29-2007, 06:50 PM
I think that its okay to wear a bandana even if you have shorter hair. Its cooler looking than a headband. Just let people decide for themselves. Besides theres also Nalbandian. lol

cys19
01-29-2007, 09:33 PM
What do they look like?

Oh, and my hair is long enough to hang in my face when I play. So I wouldn't really say it's short.

http://www2.daily.co.jp/soccer/2005/11/13/images/1113so01.jpg

http://www.town.inagawa.hyogo.jp/hp/koho-hp/inaima16/16-8-27-triathlon.files/Dc898.gif

edit:http://www.town.inagawa.hyogo.jp/hp/koho-hp/inaima16/16-8-27-triathlon.files/image1.gif

Micky
01-29-2007, 09:51 PM
I was thinking of buying one of the Nike bandanas. Not many people wear them were I play, and I don't want people to think I am trying to be Federer or Nadal. However, I do like the way they look. And I think they are better at removing sweat then a headband. Anyway, your thoughts please...:D

If you sweat a lot then you need the bandana or the headband no matter what. I personally like the Dri Fit better than the 100% cotton and even more than the towel type.

[ GTR ]
01-30-2007, 01:13 AM

Big fan of Federer!

yemenmocha
02-05-2007, 09:05 PM
just wear a cap.

DX_Psycho
02-05-2007, 10:13 PM
i have the green bandana and the green shirt that federer wore at 06 AO. i love the color green so i thought it was outfit was beyond awesome.

however, after wearing the bandana for a week or two, i decided that it just wasn't for me. the shirt is still awesome though.

lidoazndiabloboi
02-05-2007, 10:45 PM
i had semi long hair, so i just used the black nike bandana. if you dont tie your hair together and let it hang out from the side, it works out pretty well and it wont really seem like youre wearing a bandana

grimmbomb21
02-07-2007, 11:58 AM
Well, a bandana is now pointless for me. I got a crew cut so I don't have to worry about it. PROBLEM SOLVED!!:mrgreen:

jmk311
02-07-2007, 04:32 PM
They remind me of the guys that wear racing uniforms when they take their bikes around the block...

croatian sensation
02-08-2007, 02:21 AM
I wouldn't categorize people on what they wear on their head, but in my opinion bandanas look bad on 99% of the people. I think only Nadal and Baghdatis can pull it off. Not even Fed.
If I was a guy with long hair, I'd wear a cap.

Sagittar
02-08-2007, 02:34 AM
I wouldn't categorize people on what they wear on their head, but in my opinion bandanas look bad on 99% of the people. I think only Nadal and Baghdatis can pull it off. Not even Fed.
If I was a guy with long hair, I'd wear a cap.

but it's not about the looks only , i mean a lot of people do feel comfortable wearing it !!

jetlee2k
02-08-2007, 05:03 AM
I do have a very very short hair. About 1" thick. I've been wearing Bandana almost 10 years now. i can not play with it. I am sweating too too much and without headband/badana/wristband I can't see a thing or even hold a racquet in my hand. I don't care what people say I look like Jame Blake or Federer but I just love to crush the ball everytime I played against them. Anything that made my games better then I do it. I don't care what people say..

Jet Li

symon_say
02-08-2007, 07:54 AM
if you like it, use it, people will always talk