PDA

View Full Version : Adidas a3 Accelaerator

jc_rex
01-30-2007, 03:20 PM
They have arrived today... They look so nice... I was gonna try them today but it is raining here... so hopefully, tommorrow...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/jc_rex14/IMG_4555.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/jc_rex14/IMG_4554.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/jc_rex14/IMG_4553.jpg
I like the button on the tongue... sorry can't make my camera focus on it... it looks really good!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/jc_rex14/IMG_4552.jpg

They fit my feet very nicely... I feel like these are custom-made for me, lol...

anybody here tried these on court?

baros
01-31-2007, 03:20 AM
they look great

DrewRafter8
01-31-2007, 04:33 AM
Let us know what you think when you hit the courts. I'm very interested in buying a pair myself.

jc_rex
01-31-2007, 05:13 PM
sure drew! it just stopped raining here and the courts are still wet... not a good time to play... but i wore them at work... they're a little stiff when i wore them this morning... but they started to feel comfortable after 4-5 hours of walking with them... they feel really good... tried running with them at work also... these absorb shock excellently... can't wait to try them tomorrow... hopefully the courts will be dry by then... can't wait to play more tennis!!

TheSnowMan
01-31-2007, 05:33 PM
Wow those look so nice. Congrats. Tell us how it is.

Hewitt rulez
01-31-2007, 06:56 PM
sure drew! it just stopped raining here and the courts are still wet... not a good time to play... but i wore them at work... they're a little stiff when i wore them this morning... but they started to feel comfortable after 4-5 hours of walking with them... they feel really good... tried running with them at work also... these absorb shock excellently... can't wait to try them tomorrow... hopefully the courts will be dry by then... can't wait to play more tennis!!

I've had mine for 5 days and agree with you. They felt stiff for the first day. I played basketball in them once and agee that they absorb shock well and are stable and have good traction. Haven't been able to play tennis yet since its been between 20-30 degrees here for a couple of weeks.
I got the black and gold ones by the way.

caseyguy59
02-01-2007, 04:29 PM
i have the gold/black ones also, i got them the week they came out, also felt stiff at first when i played indoor soccer, after a day or so they broke in nice.
I was worried about ankle stabilty due to the a3 blocks on the bottom but they hold fine. They are really night, i played about a 2 hour match a few days ago in them and my feet felt fine.

-i have been playing with the barricade 4s since they came out, the only reason why i like the cades is that they are fit better with my foot type then the a3s.

jc_rex
02-01-2007, 08:53 PM
I tried hitting with somebody for an hour with the shoes... They are fantastic shoes. These are built for players who do a lot of running from one side of the court to the other. My heels are very well cushioned by the a3 blocks whenever I land on them. Lateral support is great as with other adidas shoes. I felt very confident that I'm not going to roll my ankle with any movement in the court. They are really comfortable. The air vents looks good and performs good too, my feet never felt warm, but then, it was really cold here when I used them (about 50 degrees) hehe. They grip the ground excellently. The medial arch support is high and firm enough for my feet, but the lateral arch support is a little bit to high for my right foot, so I think that my right foot is the problem, hehe... overall, great shoes, I would recommend these to a lot of people, especially those who run a lot...

plarazza
02-02-2007, 02:06 PM
can you tell me how much they weigh?

J.Alexander
02-02-2007, 02:43 PM
to me all shoes are the same unles youre a REALLY GOOD 5.5 or 6.0 player then it matters

jc_rex
02-02-2007, 03:40 PM
plarazza, 16.6 ounces accdg to tennis warehouse at size 10.5... mine's a size 10... so I think a little bit lower than that...

DrewRafter8
02-03-2007, 02:24 PM
Out of the Accelerator and BIV's, which have you guy's who have worn both found more comfortable? After reading how comfortable the A3's were when running, I think I'm going to try them out.

fabulousfab
02-04-2007, 05:54 AM
DO NOT BUY THESE SHOES!!!...if you don't want to sprain your ankle.

Once again, the heel A3 structure has been designed for running shoes. It is really great for running shoes, i.e. longitudinale races.
But in tennis, 90% of moves are lateral or diagonal! This system is only good for a vertical cushioning but can be VERY dangerous for lateral races. Just have a look at the springs on the heel: do you really feel they are meant to move laterally...?

fabulousfab
02-04-2007, 05:55 AM
Same issue for the Nike SHOX system BTW

jc_rex
02-04-2007, 08:11 AM
the shocks are actually low profile and even though they feel high, the lateral support is pretty good, imo...

Muse
02-04-2007, 01:13 PM
Would these make good shoes for running? I've been looking to get some new running shoes, and i'm considering these because they look like the kinda shoe that could be used both for running and tennis, which is appealing.

jc_rex
02-04-2007, 08:44 PM
yes muse... I think they're very good for running... feels nice whenever your heels strike the ground...

guacomole
02-05-2007, 10:05 AM
i have those from a different model year, the cushioning thing doesnt extend all the way to the arch of your foot and those holes in the upper arent there, but besides that they are the same. They are comfy once you break them in, although the heel is sometimes uncomfortable because it cuts into your heel. Overall very nice.

DrewRafter8
02-06-2007, 04:11 PM
Ordered a set today, will let you guys know what I think.

Cardtennis07
04-06-2007, 07:55 PM
Hey guys do the shoes fit true to size? I heard they run small.

stormholloway
04-06-2007, 09:26 PM
I thought they were great shoes. I bought a half size bigger, but there was too much room in the forefoot and I got blisters.

Fedfer
04-07-2007, 04:58 AM
I like the black ones, and maybe I would like to buy them in the next months.
I have a question about Adidas sizes..If I wear 9 1/2 US for Nike, which size should I buy for Adidas shoes? I own Adidas Stan Smith that I use with jeans etc, and they are 9 1/2 too (but I wear them with normal socks, not tennis ones )

Joshie
04-09-2007, 10:34 PM
they look the best in the black and gold/orange :D

Indy Tennis
04-10-2007, 06:29 AM

Once again, the heel A3 structure has been designed for running shoes. It is really great for running shoes, i.e. longitudinale races.
But in tennis, 90% of moves are lateral or diagonal! This system is only good for a vertical cushioning but can be VERY dangerous for lateral races. Just have a look at the springs on the heel: do you really feel they are meant to move laterally...?

Have you actually owned these shoes?

No one I've talked to who've worn these have talked about turning their ankles.

jole
04-10-2007, 12:50 PM

What shoes, specifically Adidas if you know any, do you recommend then for this type of ankle issue?

yonexred2113
04-10-2007, 06:44 PM
ive had a pair for about a month now, and im tempted to never buy anyother shoe......they are soo light, but snug and good with my lateral movement. the only problem i have is i burn out the insides of the shoes sole in like 5 months so they wont last me that long..