PDA

View Full Version : Drawstring in Nike Shorts

clubfed
01-31-2007, 01:12 PM
This might be a stupid question but here it goes.....Are you supposed to cut the drawstring in Nike shorts and then have two pieces to tie or make some weird knot without cutting it? I have many Nike shorts that I have cut the drawstring on and they all start unravelling. Please help with any ideas. Thanks.

psamp14
01-31-2007, 01:20 PM
some shorts have that...i cut it approx halfway, then double knot each string individually so that it doesnt get sucked into the waist elastic line in the wash....

Colpo
01-31-2007, 01:22 PM
Excellent question; I've thought about this myself for years, but never thought to ask. Cutting it seems extreme - why wouldn't Nike do that for you during the controlled manufacturing environment? Not cutting it and doing some kind of loop knot never seems to do the job, so just what is the answer?

psamp14
01-31-2007, 01:25 PM
some shorts already come with two separate drawstrings, some come with it just like 1 drawstring, which looks like a loop...often i've seen that cotton sweats are like that

so i just use scissors to cut them halfway approximately, then double knot each drawstring, and its good....

i dont know why some shorts/pants/etc drawstrings are made that way....

NadalClone
01-31-2007, 01:29 PM
i usually leave the drawstring the way it is cause i usually don't tie it. in my experience the one piece drawstring can't be lost in the waist band. if i do have to tie it, i'll just make a knot with the loop

warneck
02-01-2007, 07:18 AM
Hehe.. It was made the way its ment to be worn.

You can easily tie a knot on the drawstring and thighten your shorts, not that it should be necessary. They are made in a fantastic way, even my small hips fit in! :D

siata94
03-14-2007, 01:46 PM
hehe, I do the reverse. If they're precut, I tie them together to make a loop.
Tie a knot to tighten.

If you like to cut them, burn the ends to stop the fraying.

gmonfils
03-30-2007, 07:38 AM
don't think the nike drawstring is made to be cut, just buy the appropriate size for yourself and you shouldn't have to tighten it.

ryohazuki222
03-30-2007, 08:40 AM
lol... in all these years i never even thought that I could just cut those looped strings....

you're a genius

(not sarcasm... unfortunately, the obvious has eluded and taunted me for so very long...)

thanks

dr_punk
03-30-2007, 08:47 AM
no... mine fit right