PDA

View Full Version : FH backswing opinion

Bach3387
08-29-2004, 04:55 PM
i was talking to one of the pros at the club i play at, and he said i would have a better FH if on my backswing i would bring the loop up higher than my shoulder. he said that you should bring the racquet up higher than your shoulder on the take back. he even said your hand should go higher than your shoulder on the take back. do you agree with this? i have a more compact swing to make my timing easier. he also said that on the take back you should move your elbow away from your side, b/c on my backswing i keep my elbow at my side but he said separate it from my body on the backswing. do you agree with this also?
and tips or opinions would be very helpful

i guess it would be harder with timing the ball, but is that how you should make your backswing or is all personal preference?

JohnThomas1
08-29-2004, 10:49 PM
I seperate on the backswing for sure. The size of your loop depends on the surface you play on i think. People that play mostly on clay tend to have big loops while people that play on faster courts are usually more compact. On my SW forehand my hand usually ends up about lower shoulder level and the racquet head a bit higher. It's still personal pref tho, whatever works and is right for YOU. Bill will give you a much better answer i'm sure :)

predrag
08-30-2004, 07:53 AM
i was talking to one of the pros at the club i play at, and he said i would have a better FH if on my backswing i would bring the loop up higher than my shoulder. he said that you should bring the racquet up higher than your shoulder on the take back. he even said your hand should go higher than your shoulder on the take back. do you agree with this? i have a more compact swing to make my timing easier. he also said that on the take back you should move your elbow away from your side, b/c on my backswing i keep my elbow at my side but he said separate it from my body on the backswing. do you agree with this also?
and tips or opinions would be very helpful

i guess it would be harder with timing the ball, but is that how you should make your backswing or is all personal preference?

Some people prefer bigger takeback, claiming that it gives them more spin and power.
However, if you are ever rushed, big take back can be a waste of time.
Turning your shoulders and having your racquet head at your shoulder or head lever is enough.

Regards, Predrag