PDA

View Full Version : Beware:Mark Daniel-tennishero15@gmail.com

doyle overman
02-01-2007, 08:19 PM
I wouldn't trust this teenager. He trying to get something for nothing. Avoid any kind of contact at all costs. He's just is playing little kids games.

eunjam
02-02-2007, 07:39 AM
nice. future scammer in practice. what a weasel.

raiden031
02-02-2007, 07:50 AM
What did he do wrong? Be careful not to slander him if you just have a gut feeling.

babolat15
07-05-2008, 05:18 PM
wtf are you talking about. i have 10 potential buyers. are you angry that someone sent me an email before you. pretty pathetic that you try to attack 14 year olds

meowmix
07-05-2008, 05:22 PM
Interesting, a guy with no posts attacking a guy with over 1,000, and a guy that has obvious trading/selling experience at that. Furthermore, a guy that joined 4 years ago and, to this date, has not made a single post where it counts. Interesting.

meowmix
07-05-2008, 05:23 PM
I wouldn't trust this teenager. He trying to get something for nothing. Avoid any kind of contact at all costs. He's just is playing little kids games.

So what'd he do? Trying to trade rackets? And YOU didn't get what you wanted?

meowmix
07-05-2008, 05:24 PM
HOLY CRAP!!! This thread's over a year old?

LanEvo
07-05-2008, 09:21 PM

dude i LOLed after i went and took a look because its been a yr and then this new guy comes and is like wtf

akybo
07-05-2008, 09:40 PM
Doesn't matter it is old as long as it is not clariffied.

pfchang
07-07-2008, 06:05 PM

WOW...I MEAN WOW

THAT IS ONE DELAYED RESPONSE...

heycal
07-07-2008, 07:37 PM
Even though I have no interest in buying or selling rackets, this thread has promise. I'm going to subscribe to it.

Joeyg
07-08-2008, 10:30 AM
It definitely has the potential to be an interesting read. Count me in.

diredesire
07-08-2008, 11:00 AM
Oh, the drama! Count me in!

bruno hau
07-08-2008, 12:32 PM
Might have to agree with doyle overman about this 14-year old kid.

babolat15 (Mark Daniel-tennishero15@gmail.com) and I almost had a trade. We traded 12-15 emails with me only waiting for his pics before trading. At the last minute, he changed his mind and wanted to sell only.

No money/rackets were exchanged so I guess no harm no foul. But I wasted a lot of time with emails to this kid.

madayan
07-09-2008, 11:09 AM
Tangentially:
If it's actually a 14-year-old, is he/she allowed to make a legal transaction? Are there any restrictions placed on buying from or selling to a minor?

Gemini
07-09-2008, 11:29 AM
Tangentially:
If it's actually a 14-year-old, is he/she allowed to make a legal transaction? Are there any restrictions placed on buying from or selling to a minor?

I don't think there are any legal issues as all selling/buying/trading transactions that take place through this venue are done in good faith. There are no contracts (which from what I know of it minors are not allowed to enter into) so the buyers and sellers can be of whatever respective ages. I'm no lawyer...yet...but I think that's the general premise.

Steve Huff
07-09-2008, 01:17 PM
Actually, a contract is made when you have an offer and an acceptance. A 14 yr old that backs out of a contract could be in more trouble than an adult because when he accepts a contract on a site where age isn't disclosed or isn't obvious, he is representing himself as someone legally able to enter into a contract.

Bud
07-09-2008, 03:08 PM
Anyone for some popcorn? :razz:

meowmix
07-09-2008, 04:09 PM
Give me a coke or two along with the popcorn. :)

pfchang
07-09-2008, 07:43 PM
Give me a coke or two along with the popcorn. :)

any candy at all?

Aldi Patron
07-09-2008, 10:18 PM
Isn't there a chance he was 13 when this all went down? Does that change things?

Gemini
07-10-2008, 05:13 AM
My point is that you buy and sell AT YOUR OWN RISK here. There's nothing legally binding and enforcible (a contract) in these instances when it comes to the buy/selling/trading of goods here.

Also, it is my understanding that GENERALLY anyone under the age of 18 cannot be held liable for the contracts he/she enters into. I'm not saying that this is a good excuse for the way with whole exchange went down.

itsstephenyo
07-10-2008, 10:59 AM
Also, it is my understanding that GENERALLY anyone under the age of 18 cannot be held liable for the contracts he/she enters into. I'm not saying that this is a good excuse for the way with whole exchange went down.

Yea, that's right. Anyone under 18 can back out of a contract without any legal repercussions, even if they misrepresent themselves as being of age. We studied this extensively in Business Law this past semester.

meowmix
07-10-2008, 12:57 PM
any candy at all?

Um, send me a box of sour skittles.

Steve Huff
07-10-2008, 01:56 PM
I'm not saying it's going to happen. I'm saying if you did want to take it to court, he would be held to the same principles as an adult since he is basically representing himself as being able to legally make a contract. And yes, if you make an offer and the offer is accepted, you have a contract. Being a minor, he could be indicted (if it ever went that far) for fraud. First offense--probably get his hands slapped and his parents warned for letting him do this (and have to pay court cost). Just because it's on TW Message Board doesn't nullify a contract. The thing is, I doubt it would ever go this far. But, you never know. To some people (and you really don't know who they are), principles are more important than money.

pfchang
07-10-2008, 02:05 PM
Um, send me a box of sour skittles.

$2.50 please.
is that all sir?

Joeyg
07-10-2008, 04:07 PM
Steve, while I respect you as a poster, you are mistaken. If he is under the age of 18, the law says he is incapable of entering into a legally binding contract. As such, any claims he makes as to being over the age of 18 have no bearing whatsoever.

Claiming to be over the age of 18 is no crime, unfortunately. Even if the original intent was to defraud.

Steve Huff
07-10-2008, 07:11 PM
Joey, you may be correct, but I'm sure I saw something similar to this where a person under 18 was arrested for misrepresenting himself as 18 or 21 (I think it was a 16 yr old selling his car, then trying to take it back saying he couldn't enter into a contract due to his age). I really don't think it would ever go that far anyway--the money involved just isn't that great. I still think there is some law about misrepresenting yourself as able to enter into a contract when you know you legally cannot.

icorp
07-10-2008, 07:39 PM
Yea, that's right. Anyone under 18 can back out of a contract without any legal repercussions, even if they misrepresent themselves as being of age. We studied this extensively in Business Law this past semester.

If I'm not mistaken once the minor turns 18 you may proceed to take legal recourse. People's court 101.

Gemini
07-11-2008, 04:43 AM
If I'm not mistaken once the minor turns 18 you may proceed to take legal recourse. People's court 101.

Actually..that's only partially true. If the contract is rejected or denied as being true/valid while the person in question is still a minor then there's really no legal recourse but the argument has to take place while under the legal age. In some cases, someone who entered a contract while under the legal but is now of legal age can still nullify that contract but it has to be within a very short time of turning 18.

There ARE exceptions to "minors no contract" situation meaning that some contracts are indeed binding. That being the entertainment/sports industries.

heycal
07-11-2008, 10:34 AM
Look. It's clear from the various postings that there is ambiguity about the legal status of this matter. So can't we just lock the kid up in the meantime and let the courts sort it out?

Azzurri
07-11-2008, 11:46 AM
Parents are responsible for their child until age 18 (unless otherwise noted by a judge..like murder. Can't send parents to jail when a 16 old kills 5 people). But in a civil matter, you would have to take the parents to court (they are his legal guardians). The parents would be sued and made to pay any fees/fines and resitution. But a minor can definetly sue and be sued...that's a fact.

Hulk Hogan's son is a minor, but was treated as an adult for criminal purposes(judges ruling I believe), but in the civil court..bet your bottom dollar Hul Hogan will pay through the nose.

Azzurri
07-11-2008, 11:51 AM
Look. It's clear from the various postings that there is ambiguity about the legal status of this matter. So can't we just lock the kid up in the meantime and let the courts sort it out?

Actually yes, a juvenile detention center. Some posters noted the OP can't do anything cuz the scammer is a minor...NOT TRUE. The legal circumstances depend on the prosecuter, judge and maybe local laws. But this may be federal, so its up to a federal judge. As for CIVIL, he can certainly sue the kid and the kid will have to represented by his legal guardians (most likely parents). If the OP wins, he would have to get whatever judgement from the parents.

Azzurri
07-12-2008, 06:43 AM
Are you kidding??? You take yourself and this thread way to seriously. Did I miss something because I fail to see how anyone was ripped off from this kid. He didn't take anyones money, he did not scam anyone, who exactly lost something here. There is NOTHING local, state or federal authorities would give a rip about in this thread. I work in the legal field an until someone has actually been taken advantage of there is no merit for any type of case. Do you know how big of a tool someone would look like trying to stand before a judge saying "but this kid made a deal with me and he backed out or changed his mind, etc."

OK...you are pretty blunt for a new member, maybe you should take a chill pill.

I was not saying the kid deserved anything, I was posting as to the legal situation if someone is under 18. You claim you work in the legal field,...really? How about this, I will be happy to provide you my PA law license # if you provide me yours (since you claim you are in the legal field, unless you are a PARALEGAL). I doubt you have more than an 8th grade education since its obvious you completely missed my point.

By the way, Jetta's suck.

SFrazeur
07-12-2008, 08:17 AM
Are you kidding??? You take yourself and this thread way to seriously. Did I miss something because I fail to see how anyone was ripped off from this kid. He didn't take anyones money, he did not scam anyone, who exactly lost something here. There is NOTHING local, state or federal authorities would give a rip about in this thread. I work in the legal field an until someone has actually been taken advantage of there is no merit for any type of case. Do you know how big of a tool someone would look like trying to stand before a judge saying "but this kid made a deal with me and he backed out or changed his mind, etc."

I'm getting the distinct feeling of user deja vu. . .or wait, is it still deja vu when the same thing occurs 3 plus times?
Mr. "______guy23"

-SF

crazytennis
07-12-2008, 09:00 AM
I'm getting the distinct feeling of user deja vu. . .or wait, is it still deja vu when the same thing occurs 3 plus times?
Mr. "______guy23"

-SF

Good point, mate. I get what you mean.

meowmix
07-12-2008, 09:16 AM
He should've changed his number too... maybe to 999?

SFrazeur
07-12-2008, 09:24 AM
He should've changed his number too... maybe to 999?

Banned users are typically not particularly smart.

-SF

Azzurri
09-26-2008, 05:49 AM
I see the Jettguy23 is no longer in the system..anyone know what happened?

He went by the name of James Gomes.

babolat15
10-18-2008, 11:47 AM
wtf, i didnt think think would get any attention

[K]aotic
10-18-2008, 05:44 PM
any candy at all?

yeah i got some...in the van! now hop in!

Bud
10-19-2008, 02:19 AM
So... what happened? :)

2-year-old threads with year delayed responses... missing/deleted users... no response from OP's silly initial post, popcorn, candy, etc.

I'm confused... will this go into the cold case files again, now? :lol: