PDA

View Full Version : Gosen Synthetic for Crosses in Hybrid Setup

kreative
03-10-2004, 03:47 PM
Since it's been said that 80-90% of the playability of the string job comes from the mains, could you just use whatever you liked for mains, and use something cheap like Gosen Synthetic for your crosses? I guess what I'm trying to say is many do it w/ Natural Gut, bring down the cost to about $11/string job. But I don't hear many doing it w/ multis such as NXT, NRG2, LS Supreme, Prostock, etc. which would bring it's cost down also. Also w/ polys like the Lux line. Your opinions are greatly appreciated.

Larry Baldridge
03-10-2004, 04:51 PM
kreative-- I know a lot has been said about 80-90% of the feel coming from the mains---and Goshen is a great string for the crosses in a hybrid---But a different feel IS rendered depending upon whatever string you use--either in the mains or the crosses. Example: I recently went from an all gut job [VS Team Gut(17g)], to VS Team Gut in the mains and Goshen OG Sheep Micro 17 in the crosses. It was a very different feel. I strung a couple pounds lighter, but it was still very stiff compared to the all gut. VERY Different! You will have to experiment. And it is best to change one thing at a time so you will be able to discern what is happening. Good luck!