PDA

View Full Version : Help an overpronator out?

dirkgnuf
02-04-2007, 08:19 PM
Hi,

EDIT: Orthotics or Ankle Brace?

As you can tell, I tend to overpronate and thus have weak ankles. After having the infortunate experience of rolling my right one three times, I've decided to do something about it. I know that special orthotic insoles like superfeet will help, but will ankle braces help as well?
Also, if I wear an ankle brace such as the ASO with orthotics and a mid cut shoe, will all that even fit? (without trying them on)
Thanks

dirkgnuf
02-05-2007, 02:43 PM
In other words, I overpronate and have weak ankles. Should I get an ankle brace, a special insole or both?
Thanks

Ronaldo
02-05-2007, 04:14 PM
You can get both but I spent 12 weeks in physical therapy working on leg and ankle strength, balance, and range-of-motion exercises over 6 yrs ago. Never came close to rolling my ankle again. Btw, I wear orthotics.

dirkgnuf
02-06-2007, 02:51 PM
Anyone else?
Thanks

Ronaldo
02-06-2007, 03:33 PM
Have a friend that uses the ASO, fits into his shoe with no problem. My orthotics take up less room than the original insoles. He wears the brace as insurance and has not rolled his ankle since using it 5 yrs ago.

Dunlopkid
02-06-2007, 03:38 PM
I agree that strenthening those muscles is most important.

dirkgnuf
02-07-2007, 05:51 AM
Ok, so it seems that either insoles or braces will work... since they're both around the same price, not sure what I'll get.

As for strengthening them, can anyone give me some exercises I can work on?
Thanks

dirkgnuf
02-10-2007, 06:36 PM
Does anyone know a good link I can go to to improve my ankles. Also, if anyone out there overpronates, what have you done to ease the problem of weak ankles and bad support?