PDA

View Full Version : Which Shoe? I like the Barricade IV's but they

TREX
02-05-2007, 06:22 AM
are $105.

So do I get a 2nd pair of them or do I spend $50 on the Nike Air Resolves or Rebok Match Day Pumps for backup?

I wear size 15 so I have narrowed to these 3.

Sagittar
02-05-2007, 09:42 AM
barricades are so comfortable , their only downside IMO are their heavy weight but since you already got one pair , get another cheap pair for backup , i see no reason for the spending of more than 100$ on backup shoes .. plus you can get 2 nikes with the price if one barricade and they are not bad in the first place ..

slice bh compliment
02-05-2007, 10:06 AM
I have three of the same. I play at least three to 5 X a week (and I'm a sweater), so it makes sense for me to rotate them. It also makes sense to me to practice with what I play with. I do it with sticks...why not do it with shoes?
Oh, and I don't even play tournaments or real matches anymore.

Dude, spend the extra fiddy on the Barricades.

Or try the Babolat all courts for a few bucks less. Maybe the Babolat Pures for even less. They feel better and they last longer.

Nick Irons
02-05-2007, 10:13 AM
Some of the dumbest, er bizarre, threads on this board

What shoes should I get ?

What racquet should I get ?

Go down to the Footlocker and try some shoes on man. How the hell do we know what shoes are good for you ?

==

Barricade of course.

nn
02-05-2007, 10:23 AM
Some of the dumbest, er bizarre, threads on this board

What shoes should I get ?

What racquet should I get ?

Go down to the Footlocker and try some shoes on man. How the hell do we know what shoes are good for you ?

==

Barricade of course.

people ask for opinon..if you are interested give it or leave it..

Nick Irons
02-05-2007, 10:32 AM
I did. ;)

Nick Irons
02-05-2007, 10:33 AM
I did. ;)

TREX
02-05-2007, 10:50 AM
But I think my 15's would fit nicely up your SmartAss.

Nick Irons
02-05-2007, 10:54 AM
I doubt it. Odds are I am much more badass than you are.

cghipp
02-05-2007, 11:02 AM
Look for an Adidas factory outlet. You can get the Barricade II very cheaply there.

TREX
02-05-2007, 12:06 PM
I called one Adidas outlet and they supposedly checked the system for size 15's in the USA and came up with 0. I will check more of them when I have time. Thanks

2handman
02-09-2007, 03:42 PM
Match day pumps unless you don't like comfortable kicks.Size 15 holy Shaq.For the price of match day's you can't get a better shoe for that price I've had five pairs trust me. They are the best kick for the cost.I eat shoes once a month.

Azzurri
02-09-2007, 06:39 PM
I called one Adidas outlet and they supposedly checked the system for size 15's in the USA and came up with 0. I will check more of them when I have time. Thanks

I have both the Tirand 2 and the Barricade 4. not much difference....believe it or not. The Tirand 2 are $55. Well worth it.

TREX
02-10-2007, 05:55 AM
And thanks to you guys for your suggestions. The Match days fit well but have not played them yet. The Barricades were great as usual. I sent my last pair back on Warranty and if they honor it should get them in about a week. That should do me for the year.

TW will give you a discount if you ask and buy multiple pairs. This also saves you shipping as you only pay one shipping charge.

As for the other suggestions I couldnt find them in 15's. TW seems to be one of the few that carry them unless you want to go to New Balance.

Thanks again for the help.

TREX
02-19-2007, 08:47 AM
and they are the Silver ones. Not totally happy but at least I got something for the Warranty.

metsjets
02-19-2007, 09:27 AM
barricade II's are terrible. i hated them. 4's are just oh so comfy. spend the money, it's worth it.

Chauvalito
02-19-2007, 05:24 PM
Trex,
I was going to suggest the auction site, but finding size 15 would be very difficult. I just got lucky and got a pair of Nike Air max resolve plus shoes for $33.00. TW, sells them for 70 currently. I love TW, but I have found that if I am patient I can get shoes at great prices by looking in the right places. You really do have to look though. I also got a pair of speedzone plus's for a little over $50.00, I could have found them for less if I would have looked, but I really wanted to try them out. Again though, finding size 15 would be even harder.

I was going to suggest the resolves, but it appears that you are have already gotten a couple of good pairs of shoes. The match day pumps are like tanks. I cant even imagine what a size 15 would weigh..maybe close to a pound and a half.

WhiteSox05CA
02-19-2007, 05:32 PM
I'm really considering the Barricade IV's, along with the Nike Max Breathe II's.

What condition do the Barricades have to be in to qualify under warranty?

TREX
02-20-2007, 07:54 AM
hole shoud do it. You can call Adidas to be sure.

if you have black soles for instance and can see white then the sole is worn through.

Papa smerf
07-27-2007, 08:50 PM
The pumps may be a little heavier than most shoes, but they are way more comfortable than any shoe on the market.

c_hari_c
07-27-2007, 08:57 PM
I like the Barricade IIs as I have been using them for 3 seasons. They fit my feet so well and comfortable.

Capt. Willie
07-27-2007, 09:30 PM
I would go with the BII. But if that is still more than you want to spend than go with the Tirand.

KBalla08
07-27-2007, 09:43 PM
The pumps may be a little heavier than most shoes, but they are way more comfortable than any shoe on the market.

true dat, true dat lol