PDA

View Full Version : funny piece on anna k

Moose Malloy
02-05-2007, 01:22 PM
from Page 2, Bill Simmons

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/070202

K. Wilson Moose
02-05-2007, 01:57 PM
Thanks for posting the link. That was great, and Anna was a phenomena and extremely hot when she was fit and carrying some lean muscle mass. I didn't care if she won or lost, I watched anyway. Too bad she has become a toothpick waiflike anomaly.

Sagittar
02-05-2007, 02:17 PM
No video :(
nice post though, thnx for sharing

johnny ballgame
02-05-2007, 02:29 PM
Add Simmons to the list of writers who incorrectly assert that Anna K was "not that good" at tennis.

grizzly4life
02-05-2007, 03:51 PM
No video :(
nice post though, thnx for sharing

actually for whatever reason (was there a link?) that article made me go to youtube and find Anna K video. never seen the sports illustrated shoot before.

amazing stuff!! i was speechless. didn't know she was that hot.

ibringtheHEAT
02-05-2007, 04:17 PM
i cant complain. but that was a good laugh

mentalcase
02-05-2007, 04:57 PM
I didn't care if she won or lost, I watched anyway.

I know, so did I. lol!

she was one of kind.

Eviscerator
02-05-2007, 08:17 PM
Add Simmons to the list of writers who incorrectly assert that Anna K was "not that good" at tennis.

I agree. She was very talented but she was known more for her sex appeal than her game which help foster the false image of her not being very good.

jamumafa
02-06-2007, 11:07 AM
I don't like the "Did Anna care about tennis? Probably not"

That's just stupid. Of course she cared about tennis, the article was good but that line was stank

ubel
02-06-2007, 12:07 PM
Very well written article, one of the funniest I've read in quite a while lol, thanks for posting that :grin:

Ripper
02-06-2007, 12:45 PM
"Everything crested in June of '99, when three things happened: 1. Anna turned 18... 2. She entered Wimbledon with a ton of hype and enraged the old guard to no end. You could feel the venom from Carillo, King and Navratilova throughout the HBO coverage. It was palpable and fantastic. Every time Anna nailed a winner down the baseline, you kept expecting one of them to snap and scream, "*****! *****!" I wish ESPN Classic would create a weekly show called "Classic Kournikova" just so we could relive the announcing from those matches -- it's never been approached before or since... 3. After winning her first three Wimbledon matches, Anna battled a heavily favored Venus Williams in the fourth round and took the first set. An upset was brewing. The crowd was buzzing. The HBO announcers were doing everything to jinx her short of screaming "Noonan!" during her second serve and dousing her photos with chicken blood. Anna was prancing around, taking that extra split-second to bend over for balls and eating it up. She was going to rule the world. You could feel it..."

Yes, Maria, you can play. And I can't deny it, you're beautiful. However, you'll never rival Anna... Never!

tennisboy87
02-06-2007, 07:43 PM
Haha thanks for the article.

zapvor
02-06-2007, 10:07 PM
interesting article. loved the Mariah Carey comment. we should start a TT peition for her to play again. better yet, someone here challenge her to a match,and if we win she has to play one tournment. ok i need sleep

BigServer1
02-06-2007, 10:19 PM
Bill Simmons is my favorite sportswriter by far. This was a great article, and I think it was spot on. If any one here likes sports and likes to laugh, I recommend reading the "Sports Guy's" column regularly.

Kalin
02-07-2007, 02:08 AM
ESPN Page 2 office probably has a shrine of AK somewhere on the premises:) I don't think there's another person who has received half of the coverage that AK has gotten there over the years. And most of it has been in the shape of photos:)