PDA

View Full Version : Removing Babolat Grip Pallet???

Jadoc
08-31-2004, 06:06 AM
Has anyone ever removed the grip pallet on a Babolat racquet? I have a 4 1/2 grip i want to change to a 4 3/8.

I have an old 4 3/8 pure drive that i can use to replace the 4 1/2. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

J-

!<-_->!
08-31-2004, 10:52 AM
If I'm not mstaken, Babolat racquets don't oome with grip pallets. It's just a regular grip.

Jadoc
08-31-2004, 11:18 AM
There are two molded plastic parts underneath the actual grip. Im not sure if you can take them off or not. I have done it with Head racquets, but i was curious if anyone had tried this with a Babolat racquet.

Cruzer
08-31-2004, 03:42 PM
Babolat racquets have grip pallets?? Which Babolat frame have you got? I have used and replaced grips on five different Babolat frames and none have had grip pallets. If you have a Babolat racquet that has grip pallets then someone installed them and in that case they can certainly be removed without compromising the integrity of the frame.

Jadoc
08-31-2004, 03:52 PM
Ok, i probably was mistaken using the term "pallet" It is a plastic mold that surrounds the handle. All of the molds under the grip are the same on the Babolat, and i was more less asking if Anyone has ever been able to change the mold that came on the racquet.

I have an old Pure drive and a new one both with the same mold on the handle. One is a 1/2 and the other is 3/8. I didnt know if it was possible to switch them.

!<-_->!
08-31-2004, 05:36 PM
Pretty sure you can't. Only brands I'm aware of that can switch grip pallets are Head and Volkl