PDA

View Full Version : Dissatisfied with transaction - Nalbandian10is - Francesco Grimaldi

FH2FH
02-07-2007, 12:41 PM
One of the three racquets was a different grip size and two of them had heavy wear, 3 inches of paint gone from 10-12 o'clock, not to mention badly worn grips and misc scratches. They were described as in "fair" condition. When he said, "No you cant see any graphite..." I assumed I would not see 3 inches of black graphite. So...

His reply to my disappointment was that he paid $35 to ship 3 racquets from NY to Alabama and that he should have charged me more. I have shipped a road bicycle, 25+ lbs, large box, for that amount before. I paid $164 total for three 300G's: two 5/10's and one 7 out of 10. These should have been 7/10's at least for that $50 each. I will probably never do another transaction with a Money Order and without pictures. He never replied to my last email.

snoflewis
02-07-2007, 09:07 PM
sorry about your transaction, but a good deal of your disappointment is your fault imo. people judge their rackets differently, and if you dont spend the time to judge it for yourself...then..that's one price you're gonna have to pay.

[K]aotic
02-07-2007, 09:10 PM
darn thats too bad. thats y i don't trade racquets. i never trust the internet. i only buy a racquet when i'm sure i'm goign to use it for a very long time

equinox
02-08-2007, 05:30 AM
snoflewis makes a good point.

Tennis Man
02-08-2007, 05:48 AM
I agree with snoflewis. I personally make sure I get all the facts and pictures before making a deal and I've never been disapointed so far. Let's keep it clean, guys.

mark rodgers
02-08-2007, 05:58 AM
One man's "Fair" is another man's "Poor". I hate it when people try to get money out of worn racquets. People should just donate them to their local tennis centers. Nalbandian10is was fishing for a sucker and unfortunately it was you. The bad thing is that maybe next time you'll be interested in something from me and you'll want tons of pictures because you got ripped on the last deal and it's going to make me work a lot harder than I should. Nalbandian10is is bad for everyone. FH2FH, sorry that you got taken. All I can say is thanks for the heads-up and I'm sure you're saving others from getting hooked by this guy. Cheers!

FH2FH
02-08-2007, 05:59 AM
I don't see how this is my fault?? I asked if you could see any graphite. The answer was "NO." First, he said he couldn't send pictures. Then, after I had sent money, he sent an email which was suppose to include some pictures, but didn't. Replying with "I should have charged you more" wasn't good etiquette either. He should have handled that differently.

I can post pictures and entire transcript if you like. "Fair" is not the condition these racquets are in and it was obviously dishonest to say "you can't see any graphite." Heavily used with most of the paint gone (EDIT: more graphite than paint 9 to 3) from the top of the hoop would have been a better description.

vkartikv
02-08-2007, 03:17 PM
Does this guy nalbandian-whatever have prior feedback on the forum? It helps to read what people write about their trades, people who are not willing to take responsiblity for a frame once it has been shipped should not be dealt with. Even recently someone's idea of a fair condition racquet was my idea of a good condition racquet but nevertheless I refunded him a part of his money.

Steve Huff
02-08-2007, 04:37 PM
FH2FH, I'm with you. If you asked him if any of the graphite had been worn (or however it was worded), and he said "no", he had to have known he was lying. That's a pretty direct question. And to me, a $50 300g must be in pretty near perfect shape, since they weren't much higher than that new at the end of their retail life.

Thanks for posting.

Pisolino227
02-08-2007, 04:40 PM
chalk it up as tuition for the future

FH2FH
02-09-2007, 05:52 AM
I checked before our transaction and he had feedback from one other transaction. I also googled his name and found he had some tournament records, etc. I'm usually pretty paranoid obviously. (I feel like) he was dishonest, which is why I'm dissatisfied. If he had replied to my last email or the one before it offering to compensate in some kind of way, it would be easier to get over. "I should have charged you more" is not an ideal way to complete a transaction. Anyway... thanks for all the comments. T

SFrazeur
02-09-2007, 10:15 AM
Never trade without seeing pictures.

FH2FH (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/member.php?u=10320), please do post any related materials.