PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recommend a good shoe for artificial grass?

officerdibble
02-10-2007, 10:54 AM
I quite often have to play team matches on artificial grass (astro). I don't care for the surface much at the best of times, but to make matters worse my club's courts have very variable grip; they can be horribly slippery at times in some spots.

Can anyone recommend a shoe that will provide more grip on this type of surface? I wear Barricade IIs, but even new ones don't provide what I need on this surface sometimes. Would the Barricade Grass shoe work or not?

I'd prefer to stick with Adidas because they fit me perfectly (Nike are a disaster), but if another brand has a good shoe for the job I'd still like to hear about it.

Thanks.

Gee
02-10-2007, 12:02 PM
I can recommend you asics shoes with omni court outsoles like the asics gel savage omni (http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageMSASICS-AGSO.html)

If you prefer Adidas shoes, the Barricade Grass is a good choice, but also the Adidas Feather can be an option.

sloe_torture
02-10-2007, 12:13 PM
I quite often have to play team matches on artificial grass (astro). I don't care for the surface much at the best of times, but to make matters worse my club's courts have very variable grip; they can be horribly slippery at times in some spots.

Can anyone recommend a shoe that will provide more grip on this type of surface? I wear Barricade IIs, but even new ones don't provide what I need on this surface sometimes. Would the Barricade Grass shoe work or not?

I'd prefer to stick with Adidas because they fit me perfectly (Nike are a disaster), but if another brand has a good shoe for the job I'd still like to hear about it.

Thanks.

You might want to try outsoles with more texture, like grass-surface tennis shoes. Back in the days of Astro-Turf (American) football many running backs used shoes with knobby outsoles. If you can find shoes with similar outsoles, cushioning, and stability then you're headed in the right direction.

rasajadad
02-10-2007, 01:22 PM
I use regular grass court shoes to play on Omni.

brucie
02-13-2007, 09:44 AM
i rekon barricade grasscourts woudl work well

Ronny
02-16-2007, 08:58 PM
babolat team omnis?