PDA

View Full Version : Best non-cotton socks for tennis?

yemenmocha
02-10-2007, 03:40 PM
Where do you find your non-cotton socks? Best ones I've found were from new balance. Much better against friction blisters, but not many on the tennis market. anyone?

Buckeye10s
02-10-2007, 07:22 PM
I like Jox Sox the best. Great fit, pretty good cushion

Vitaly Evchenkov
02-10-2007, 08:30 PM
I just picked up an 8 pack of Champion Elite crew socks from Costco....

they are great! wasn't expecting much, but they are very comfortable and better made than my $8 Nike socks.

dpfrazier
02-10-2007, 08:46 PM
Thorlos...

rasajadad
02-11-2007, 03:20 AM
Euro socks are my new favorite.

fuzz nation
02-11-2007, 04:32 AM
I've had no luck yet in the non-cotton socks dept. and did a thread a few months ago to see what the consensus is on them. Reviews in general were mixed and it seems that among the users of Thorlos here, our friends either love 'em or hate 'em. Some, like me, have found synthetics to be too slippery inside even a well laced shoe, but the success stories are out there, so I'm still curious. See if you can dig up that thread - it had several responses and may help with your quest.

goober
02-11-2007, 05:58 AM
I have tried a bunch of different socks recently- New Balance, thorlos, Feetures, UA and Eurosocks all from TW :D

New Balance and Thorlos (level 3) are thick and padded. I didn't really notice a slippage problem that others talk about. I liked both of these.

Feetures- were ok. Medium weight personally nothing about them justified their price IMO.

UA were very good if you are looking for a lightweight moisture wicking sock. Eurosock were similar but not quite as good at moisture wicking.

yemenmocha
02-11-2007, 08:33 AM
Thank you everyone for responses. I should have clarified that I need normal width socks because I'm using orthoics now and my thick thorlos with the orthotics make my foot feel like it's trying to come out of the shoe at the heel.

BstonBruin
02-11-2007, 10:04 AM
My favorite are the Puma socks