PDA

View Full Version : Air Jordan 4 and Tennis

balongbalong
02-10-2007, 06:17 PM
The Jordan 4 is actually very good for playin tennis, a lot softer compared to my zoom breathe free 1 and has the mid cut unlike new nike tennis models that are mostly lows, it is also pretty flat, making it stable during movement.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b361/melbs/kicks/IMG_0736.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b361/melbs/kicks/IMG_0739.jpg

what other non-tennis shoes have you tried and are actually good for tennis?

qwerty66
02-10-2007, 06:41 PM
lebron james 20-5-5
is amazing! for tennis
but since i drag my oes ALOT
they are gone within 2 month

WhiteSox05CA
02-10-2007, 07:02 PM
Those Jordan shoes are ghetto-coo foo! I'm rockin' em.

Voltron
02-10-2007, 07:03 PM
No way would I wear those, my Barricade IVs are just fine.

Noveson
02-10-2007, 07:20 PM
I CANT BELIEVE YOU ARE RUINING THOSE JORDANS! Those look like originals not retroed. Those are worth so much money. Not now though:( AJ's are the greatest.

balongbalong
02-11-2007, 02:36 AM
I CANT BELIEVE YOU ARE RUINING THOSE JORDANS! Those look like originals not retroed. Those are worth so much money. Not now though:( AJ's are the greatest.

they're retro jordan 4 blackcats and retail for $115 if i remember correctly

balongbalong
02-11-2007, 02:41 AM
lebron james 20-5-5
is amazing! for tennis
but since i drag my oes ALOT
they are gone within 2 month

cool, but that's a bit bulky for my taste. what surface did you play it on?

johnkidd
02-11-2007, 06:14 AM
Back in college in the early '90's I wore the black Reebok omnizone pumps for matches. They actually wore very well. Another pair I had about the same time was the Nike Air Flight Lite, great ankle support and traction but didn't wear very well. I've wore Jordan's as well back in the day.

Heavy Metal Tennis Star
02-11-2007, 08:00 AM
bball shoes doesnt have enough lateral protection.

qwerty66
02-11-2007, 08:16 AM
cool, but that's a bit bulky for my taste. what surface did you play it on?

hardcourt
but it's really comfy you don't feel any impact on your feet

dave333
02-11-2007, 08:22 AM
what bout cross training shoes? i don't have "tennis" specific shoes, so I am wearing k-swiss cross trainers as I look at the shoelace.

btw, the inside of my left foot hurts a lil when I rotate my foot around. Is it because of shoe or something else?

smittysan89
02-11-2007, 02:15 PM
please dont tell me you are ripping those up....

Silentgunz
02-11-2007, 02:53 PM
I used Reebox Classics they work great i guess

ibringtheHEAT
02-11-2007, 03:19 PM
i play barefoot sometimes

balongbalong
02-11-2007, 05:46 PM

actually i find that bball shoes have enough lateral protection, as i do a lot of lateral movements in basketball as well especially on defense, only difference is the cushioning of bball shoes are better than tennis shoes since they have to cushion the impact from jumping.

balongbalong
02-11-2007, 05:48 PM
what bout cross training shoes? i don't have "tennis" specific shoes, so I am wearing k-swiss cross trainers as I look at the shoelace.

btw, the inside of my left foot hurts a lil when I rotate my foot around. Is it because of shoe or something else?

i find cross training shoes pattered more for running, and i find them unstable(nike ones that i had before)

balongbalong
02-11-2007, 05:50 PM
hardcourt
but it's really comfy you don't feel any impact on your feet

right on the money on comfy

VictorS.
02-13-2007, 10:00 PM
I wore the jordan serve'm low shoes for tennis on hard courts. The cushioning and support were excellent.

Smooothone23
02-14-2007, 05:16 AM
Are you high? Why are you ruining some nice J's to play tennis in? Go out and get a cheap pair of anything else and clean those back up, say 5 Hail Michaels, and put them back in the box or on the shelf. No Jordans should be put through that...where is the love??

amx13
02-14-2007, 05:31 AM
Air Jordans are great for basketball, but not all of them are good for tennis. I havent tried IV´s, but XIII´s and XI´s are amazing. It looks like you play on clay courts with them, I wonder if the black cats leave marks on hard courts, since the sole is all black

smittysan89
02-15-2007, 07:55 AM
Are you high? Why are you ruining some nice J's to play tennis in? Go out and get a cheap pair of anything else and clean those back up, say 5 Hail Michaels, and put them back in the box or on the shelf. No Jordans should be put through that...where is the love??

exactly what I was thinking....why are you ruining a perfectly good pair of $128 shoes to play tennis in, that arent even tennis shoes in the first place...

balongbalong
02-20-2007, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooothone23

exactly what I was thinking....why are you ruining a perfectly good pair of $128 shoes to play tennis in, that arent even tennis shoes in the first place...

The "perfectly good" pair of jordan IV isn't so perfect for playing basketball(I leave that to my Jordans XIV, XXI, and XX2s) that is why i use them for tennis and surprised to find out how good they are for tennis.

I'd rather use my $117(to be exact) Jordan for tennis than leave it in the box :D That's how much I love my Jordans, can't get them off my feet even for tennis :D

OnyxZ28
02-20-2007, 07:47 PM
What a shame. I played tennis in my steel toe Docs once. They didn't work so well.

Heavy Metal Tennis Star
03-06-2007, 10:24 AM
i wouldnt recommend playing tennis in NON tennis shoes, they do not have enough lateral support, and they are not made for outdoor hardcore tennis(especially air jordans).

balongbalong
03-06-2007, 05:35 PM
^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Metal Tennis Star

actually i find that bball shoes have enough lateral protection, as i do a lot of lateral movements in basketball as well especially on defense, only difference is the cushioning of bball shoes are better than tennis shoes since they have to cushion the impact from jumping.

i guess you weren't able to read my comment.

Mad iX
03-06-2007, 08:12 PM
I sometimes use Air Flight 89's which are pretty much identical to the AJIV's.

Puredrivetennis
03-06-2007, 08:15 PM

True that. Jordans like that are trophies, not dirtballer shoes.

zapvor
03-07-2007, 02:38 AM
those are nice. but you can do what you want with them. i personally will rock them too.