PDA

View Full Version : what do you guys do when..

LarougeNY
02-11-2007, 11:30 AM
what do you do when you get a bye the first round and play the top seed or the second seed in a tourney? I was considering this coming weekend's tournament to be my "breakout tourney" but the draw was released and now i found I'm playing the second seed. Hes a good player, played with him over the summer, but hes human too. What do you guys do when you have to play a high seed in a tourney as a first match, any special preperations?

Voltron
02-11-2007, 11:31 AM
I try to see if he has any weakness, and exploit it. Also consistency it VERY important for beating someone tough.

thejackal
02-11-2007, 01:07 PM
dont try to play HIS best. play your best, which means you should not be afraid of getting into rallies (if that's your style) with him.

Silentgunz
02-11-2007, 03:05 PM
that actually happen to me, i barely got pass the first round only cause i stop hitting and blocked every shot back and ran for like every shot and waited for my opponent to make a mistake... then i had to play the number 2 seed at the tournament... I went in there and i was like "i thought i was gonna lose yesterday but i didnt" so i came out swinging and i got my but kicked lol 6-0 6-0 but he was totally out of my level so i accepted defeat and learned some stuff from playing someone good and got some experience... i did everything i could i played my hardest, i even tryed blocking and running around but it did not work he was to good

klngnbrgd
02-11-2007, 03:59 PM
If its going to be your breakout tourny you would have to beat him at some point anyway. So just have confidence and play your game. Prepare the same way you would for any match.